Retainer Designeris creating Instructional Videos for Ortho Lab Technicians
Select a membership level
First off if your here, THANK YOU for considering supporting my channel!
For those ortho-curious people that are...well curious, about the ortho lab industry and/or just want to support me directly so that I can produce more content :) Ether way, Thank you!
- Ad free videos
- Exclusive content
- Behind the scenes footage of my set up and lab
- Raw video never put into the official instructional videos
- Ability to communicate directly with me and other patrons in the patron-only feed!
- A once-a-month Google Hangout with me and the other $5+ other patreon supporters, where I (and possibly a guest from the Ortho lab industry) will be available for Q & A and discussion!
Welcome to RetainerDesigner's Patreon Page!
My name is Cade and I am a CDT (Certified Dental Technician) with a specialty in orthodontics. I have been creating instructional videos for orthodontic lab technicians since 2007 when I first launched www.RetainerDesigner.com . I started posting these videos on my blog www.DesignerRetainer.com not long after to teach other labs how to create the many designs from the RetainerDesigner website. With the response to my YouTube Channel, I saw that there are a lot of people out there wanting this knowledge of this almost secret industry.
There is not much out there for us, I know. I ran into the same problem when I was at your stage. I was lucky, I found a dental lab school 3 hours from my house that I attended. But not everyone is so lucky and the schools are closing down one by one. At the time of me writing this, there are currently no dental lab schools in the state of Texas and more closing every year nationwide, which is sad. The lack of truly knowledgeable technicians out there is hurting our industry. So I know there is a need out there. Heck, the 8,000+ subscribers to my niche YouTube channel proves it!
My Ultimate goal is to create an Orthodontic Laboratory Technician School! This school will start online with, hopefully, the physical portion to follow. But, I need help getting the online courses started. I want to create a vast online library of ortho lab instructional videos. I want this library available to all people wanting to learn this industry and I want you along for the ride as I produce these videos giving me feedback telling me what you want to learn, what subjects to cover, creating sylibus for the courses. Hey, you might learn a thing or two along the way! In fact, I want you to!
I believe that these could be used by many people in the orthodontic industry.
- Beginners wanting to learn
- Intermediate techs that want to learn new appliances
- Orthodontic assistants that want to learn a few basic lab appliances
- Those that want to branch out on their own and open a new business
- Dental Lab technicians that want to add ortho to their business
- Stay at home moms (or dads!) that would like to make an income by learning a new skill