Greetings Visitor!First of all a big thank you for checking out my game development diary.
My name is Damjan Mozetič and I’ve been interested in making an RPG for many years now. My love for games like Betrayal at Krondor, TES: Daggerfall and Realms of Arkania (Star Trail) has inspired me to finally begin work on Call of Saregnar, a 90's-inspired role-playing game. I invite you to join me in this journey of building a unique RPG experience like they don't make anymore.
Why is Call of Saregnar Different From Other RPGs?
CoS is primarily a game of exploration and investigation with an emphasis on story and characters. It proudly ditches the cliches of the RPG genre and expects you to think.
In short, here's some bullet points:
- 10 chapters involving a mature story in a believable world,
- A tribute to the early 90’s: Low-poly 3D, hand-pixelated custom goodness,
- Real-life digitized actors as characters,
- 100% hand-built levels, 100% hand-placed props, enemies and items,
- An open world to explore, filled with engaging NPCs, locations and quests which support the main storyline,
- Classless per-use skill-based character development,
- Strategic turn-based top-down combat,
- Unique magic system based on divine favour,
- Less is more: fewer, but well-defined items,
- You won't find a quest marker here, just a map and a journal to aid you in your quest.
How Far Are You With Development?Call of Saregnar is a work of passion, which basically takes away all of my free time. It has been in the design stage for a couple of years now and has entered production fairly recently. Unless I get funded enough to support full-time development, I estimate many years of development time ahead.
What Exactly Do You Do Here?
I host a development diary (or devlog) on building the various systems that make up a complex RPG, specifically Call of Saregnar. I'm covering a wide range of topics and techniques, like Unity development, Game design, Worldbuilding, etc., so if that tickles your fancy, please consider becoming a patron and support me in creating more exhaustive, better-quality content. If not, then spreading the word is the second-best thing you can do!
Please note, that this is not a preorder of the game, but a means of supporting and getting insight into the development of the game. If you, however accumulate a total of $30 over the lifetime of your patronage, you'll be entitled to a free copy of the game at release.
Mainly because It is only me working this game (ok, I got a fantastic music composer, Tony Manfredonia, who you absolutely need to check out) and I do it financially unsupported. The money I earn from Patreon allows me to focus on the game knowing that at least some expenses are covered.
So far, thanks to my Patreon supporters, I've been able to cover some software license costs, and purchase lighting and chroma-key (green screen) equipment.
Thank you from my heart!