Hi! I'm mek, nice to meet you. This is my patreon, where I post delicious things for you to consume with your eyeballs, and sometimes with your ear holes. If you have a text-to-speech reader, you can consume even more of my things with your ear holes, but that's not their intended purpose. Absolutely do it if you want to, though, who cares what I think?
I'm a writer, mostly, and also an illustrator. You can therefore expect this patreon to feature mostly writing and illustrations. In fact, here is exactly what you can expect from me on a month-to-month basis:
GENRE AND TONE
My writing tends toward dark humour and horror. All of my characters are, in some way, terrible people, and the stories they're in explore their flaws and the awful situations those flaws create. If that sounds intriguing, feel free to look at the writing tag and see if my voice is to your taste. Feel free, also, to peruse the doodle tag and decide if you like what you see there. Most of my doodles are illustrations of characters or events in my writing.
You and the world can bear witness to all of these every month, at no cost to you except for the time it takes you to look at a thing:
- At least twenty sketches at the end of every month
- At least two completed chapters of some story or another
- The chat
If you increase your pledge from nothing to a single dollar, you get to look at everything in the above list, and also:
- One of the sketches I post at the end of the month will be dictated by you and your brain meat
- I sometimes do Theme Months, and if your sketch request fits a month's theme, your request will be magically transformed into a completed illustration
Increasing your pledge again gets you all of the above, plus:
- Chapters will be posted a week early for you, still at least twice a month
At the next tier, you get the above and:
- At least four times a month, I'll post work-in-progress versions of whatever I've been writing
- You'll get access to author commentary wherein I talk about my process on a piece or just snark at myself a little
At the highest tier, you get everything including:
- 1500 words of custom fiction, or one illustration
If I ever fail to meet the minimums set out here, patrons will not be charged for that month.