Robbie Schaeferis creating music and words
Select a membership level
· Monthly Audio/Video Podcast. Me, singing and speaking about a song that inspires me, diving inside the process of a song I’ve written, offering a behind the scenes glimpse of rehearsals or a recording session, or just musing about things I love: the creative process, wine, compassionate activism, my dogs, and yes, olives.
· Works In Progress. Once a month, a sneak peek at a new song, essay, or script that I am working on.
All the above, plus:
· First Glimpse. access to new songs, videos, and written pieces before they are publicly released
· 15 Minutes of Fame. Your name in the credits of the next album/video/book
· Your Birthday Concert. Your choice of a live 60-minute concert or songwriting/guitar mentoring session delivered via Skype or similar platform on or around your birthday.
· Olives. A jar of my current favorite olives delivered to your doorstep
It's good to see you here. If we're just meeting, the short story of me is that I'm a singer-songwriter and playwright who harbors an abiding love for olives.
The longer story is that while I've spent most of my career writing, recording and performing music, a few years ago I wrote both the music and the script for a musical. Like the kind you see in a theatre. Like Cats. With the laughing and the crying. Except mine is called Light Years and it premiered at Signature Theatre in Washington, DC in 2018 and I loved the whole catastrophe so much I'm now writing another one.
The even longer story is that sometimes I get an itchy case of wanderlust and head to places like Nicaragua or Tanzania or India with a non-profit I started called OneVoice. And we go and make music with youth and help them create peace and social change in their communities.
So, I write and I sing and most of the time what I'm really after is that small space, that shared aliveness, between you and me. I find that the more we meet up there, the more compassionate we and our world become. So, we've got a job ahead of us, don't we?
To that end, welcome to my Patreon page. Consider it our shady spot under the olive tree. In return for your patronage and friendship I will share bits and pieces of my brain and heart: music, words, 3am thoughts offered up to the universe, works in progress (aren't we all?). I'll even share some of my olives with you. Y'know, once we get to know one another.