My name is Emanuele Galletto, and I make tabletop games - card games, board games, role playing games. In general, I work on everything by myself: art, layout, writing, mechanics. I tend to focus on modern rules that really express the core themes of the game, learning lessons from all kinds of media - movies, videogames, and more. I'm heavily influenced by Berserk, Soulsborne games, Lovecraft, and Japanese folklore.
My most widely-known game is probably Fleshscape, a prehistoric body horror rpg (in fact, the look of this webpage is themed around it). Someone said it's "like a Caveman RPG if it was written by Cronenberg during his body horror phase" and I think that's pretty accurate.
Anyway, I tend to think about games 80% of the time: grim fantasy, cyberpunk, dungeon crawling, urban fantasy, monster hunting... Here are some examples of stuff I've worked on; most of these will become part of the Hunter and Shaman tiers in the future!
Wonders Wild & Deep, a pocket dungeon crawl game revolving around adventure and resource management.
Grudge Immortal, an Old School roleplaying scenario set in Sengoku Japan and based on folklore and historical research.
Broken Binary, a minimal Cyberpunk/Transhumanist roleplaying game inspired by works such as Blame!, Ghost in the Shell and Psycho-Pass.
SEPPUKU: Fury of the Samurai, a solitaire roleplaying game dealing with a Samurai's last moments before he performs ritual suicide. Probably the most experimental among my games.
It is also available for pay what you want, so by all means grab it to look what it's about!
What are you working on right now?
A bunch of stuff, really. But I thought you'd like some hints at what's to come!
- A fantasy horror roleplaying game about wandering pilgrims set in Sengoku Japan, Blood Red Blossoms (alpha version close to being complete).
- A dungeon crawling, exploration-focused roleplaying game named Grave of the Gods, heavily inspired by Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, The Last Guardian, Made in Abyss and Dark Souls (very early stage).
- Thirty Days, a roleplaying game of high school kids fighting to prevent the end of the world, while also struggling against false rumors and stereotypes that are supernaturally taking on a physical form. Inspired by Shin Megami Tensei: Persona, Monsterhearts, City of Mist and The World Ends With You (early stage).
- Fabula Ultima, a tabletop roleplaying game based on JRPG titles such as Final Fantasy, Bravely Default/Second, Octopath Traveler and Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (early-to-middle stage).
- A role playing game based on martial arts movies, specifically WuXia and XianXia (early stage).
So... why should I become a Patron?
Your support here is what would allow me to actually find the time and stability to work on my projects: I'd do things better and faster!
Even with just the basic Vanguard Tier you'll gain access to all Patron-only contents, which means playtest materials, alpha and beta versions of my games (which you'll be able to play before anyone else even knows about them), and a first-row seat to the evolution of each project.
And if you're a Hunter or Shaman patron, you'll get a lot of my previously published work for free - basically, anything that I'll have the possibility to share with you, I will.
Thank you for checking out my page!