As experienced game developers, we've spent a lot of time experimenting with various tools in an attempt to find the most reasonable way to make-a-go-of-it as an independent development studio. After experimenting with various game engines and tools such as Construct2, PICO-8, LÖVE, Unity,and GameMaker Studio 2, we've come to find a home with GameMaker Studio 2 and Unity.
We've decided to start a Patreon in order to share some little code snippets, tricks, utilities, and systems to help others out.
Here's some examples of what your support enables us to create and continue supporting!
The source for these is available under the "Scallywag" reward tier.
- ImGuiGML - ImGuiGML binds the C++ dear imgui, library to GameMaker Studio 2, allowing easy creation of complex debug and internal game editor UIs.
- LuaRousr - LuaRousr provides bindings between GameMaker Studio 2 games and Lua. The primary goal of this one is for adding "modding" capabilities to your Game Maker games, and features a rather complex system to support a Lua+GML shared call stack.
- Dissonance - Dissonance allows GameMaker Studio 1 + 2 games to update Discord Rich Presence information for their games!
In addition, we may have some tips and tricks using various graphic design and pixel art programs in order to help you make assets for your game or even promotional materials,
So come along for this little game dev journey, and maybe pick up some tricks along the way!
Join The Rousr Discord!
Who We Are
- babyjeans (Founder, Tech Director) is an 11 year AAA industry veteran who enjoys making things with kittens/puppies using GameMaker Studio 2, Unity, C++, or nodejs.
- rabblrousr (Founder, Visual Director) is a Graphic designer with over 10 years of marketing, music, and gaming industry experience. A lumberjack-of-all-trades.
- net8floz (Engineer, Awesome Dude) is a programming enthusiast & community leader based in Oregon working with GameMaker Studio 2, Unity, or nodejs.
Visit us for a more in-depth look at our projects!
Thanks to all our Supporters and Followers!Your contributions enable us to create new tools and extensions like the ones you've seen above, but also write and host new tutorials - and maybe even release some games!
In order to access the Patreon goodies on itch, follow these links: