Rowan Tree Editingis creating essays, writing tips, prompts and stories.
Select a membership level
Rowan Tree Berries
· Access to all RTE articles five days prior to release (often earlier), covering diverse subjects from literature to philosophy and editing
· Bonus patron-exclusive articles, which will be on writing or editing, or prompts for short stories and novels
Rowan Tree Marmalade
· One kindle ebook every year addressing a topic related to writing; the first expands on my writing about utopia and will be released before the end of August 2020, and be free to patrons
· After being a patron for six months, you will get an immediate 10 per cent discount on any editing job requested through rowantree-editing.uk
Rowan Tree Wine
Dubbed diodgriafel in Welsh, rowanberry wine has a pleasantly sour, fruity, and dry flavour. This Patreon level rewards you with all the benefits of Rowan Tree Marmalade, plus:
· Request subjects for future Medium essays, given an appropriate topic
· You will also only need to be a patron on this tier for three months to receive a 15 per cent discount
Rowan Tree Editing
Rowan Tree Editing Patreon gives you early and exclusive access to essays on diverse subjects, but also writing advice, hints and prompts to help develop your stories and prose. We need narrative that makes sense of our times, and for people to set out ideas on paper (or screen) to better articulate a perspective on the world.Rowan Fortune of Rowan Tree Editing has over a decade experience as a creative and copy editor, with services aimed at authors polishing their manuscripts to publishable standards. He has work in various offline and online publications including Envoi, Two Thirds North, The Tablet, Time To Mutiny and The Clarion. He also makes appearances on George Daniel Lea's ExaggeratedElegy podcast.
Working on Cinnamon’s mentorship program, Rowan assists aspiring authors to develop novels and short stories, which has seen former students win prestigious writing awards and gain publishing contracts. Working for Bangor University as a lecturer, Rowan taught and graded aspiring university writers, pioneering a syllabus in the short story. He has also run workshops in London teaching manuscript editing.
Rowan has published weekly essays on Medium for over a year, writing on diverse subjects from Marxist theory and indie horror reviews to literary techniques and the history of utopian literature.
- Recordings of some of the articles, essays and reviews