Hi there : )
I'm Sadie and I'm a singer songwriter.
Girl on the Hill's fans have allowed me to publish music and tour songs. The money we've raised has been reinvested in recordings and instruments. Since November 2014 we have played over 16 festivals (including Maldon, the Basin, Newstead, National Celtic, Beechworth) and numerous gigs. We've also sold over 250 albums and just printed a new batch.
But since publishing ‘Girl on the Hill’, I have written over 30 new songs. We are playing so many unpublished songs now, we need to start recording them. This is where I would appreciate your help.
We recently started working with a range of musicians and studio producers including RangeMaster (David Carr). I was fortunate to be given a recording deal as grand prize winner with the Basin Music Festival and I am working on this right now.
We would like to make you part of this journey and are asking for your support. As a contributor you will be helping us build a portfolio of properly-produced music and experiences, that will contribute to creating a professional image and sound. This will be the greatest contribution you can make to our progress as artists.
As a supporter, we would obviously love you to know what's happening and to be the first to receive copies of everything we produce - including the radio-ready songs that we're working on.
What do you get for your contribution?
- Every month you will receive updates about songs and occasional performances to download and keep;
- You will be the first to hear our professionally produced songs!
- You will receive updates about song-writing, recording and production processes, that leads up to you receiving my songs; and
- You will be a patron of the arts, supporting young musicians, including other young artists I'm working with: musicians and singer-songwriters, who will be spending time in the recording studio with me.
What will I do for you?
- I will continue writing and performing new music and choose the best selection of songs, to record for you;
- Every month I will spend time in the recording studio creating the songs for you;
- I will create some short snippets, photos and the occasional video, to show you more about the process that enables us to create this music for you;
- I will email you the songs as they are created; and
- I may even show you some working examples along the way.
What do I need from you?
- I have calculated how much money I need to produce the music and to pay my fellow musicians. I've pasted the calculations below. I need to raise $257 a month to reach my first target;
- As little as $1 a month from you, is a really generous contribution to this target. For this, you will also be the first to receive my music every month;
- If you would like to give more, you can contribute $3, $5 or $10 per month; and
- Thank you for being an amazing supporter of independent music!
As you can see, making a complete album properly, costs perhaps $12,000 for a solo artist.
By breaking down production into single songs and spreading this over 2-3 years, I can create an album while continuing to build up a song portfolio and get valuable production experience.
I expect to be able to contribute about a third of the costs myself. All I need from you is your support to buy my music each month. I've broken my targets down into three steps: $57 / month (all live sessions tracks), $157 / month (2 multi-track and 10 live session) and $257 per month (8 live session and four multi-track). As soon as I reach my first goal, we can begin!
If you help me reach my main target, I can easily make up the $3,080 shortfall as twelve lots of $257 each month and this will put me on the path to a full album production in 2-3 years.