However, It is difficult to invest the time and energy into creating these new illustrations and products while balancing the need to take on client work to ensure my business survives. I have a huge list of products that I've wanted to create from my illustrations for a long time but the day to day pressure of making ends meet means that many are yet to see the light of day. That's where Patreon comes in.
Patreon allows you to actively support me and my creativity. Your pledge means I can take on a bit less client work and get these awesome products out into the world, while rewarding anyone kind enough to help me along the way.
- You get amazing rewards including monthly desktop wallpapers, exclusive behind the scenes photos and videos, work in progress updates and a selection of products sent to you.
- I get a community of patrons that encourage me, keep me motivated and enable me to devote more of my time to creating awesome products like books, limited edition prints, tea towels, mugs, calendars and more.
How it works
- You love my work and would like to see more of it, especially on products you can love and enjoy in your own home.
- You choose the reward level you want (Don’t worry, you can edit or cancel your pledge anytime.)
- You get great stuff from me each month, a community of fellow patrons and insight into my life as a creative. Plus the amazing knowledge that you are helping me keep on creating and giving me the ability to create ever bigger, better projects and products.
I've broken my ongoing Patreon project down into two main areas; Illustration projects, where I create a bank of artwork and product goals that we can work together to hit.
I am currently working on three illustration series - birds, food and flowers. A series consists of at least 12 illustrations on the same theme, I will post regular updates about my projects showing you how they are developing. Patrons that are Fan level and above can suggest topics and themes for future projects.
I have a selection of goals to turn my projects into products once certain funding targets have been met. On the list at the moment is an e-book, a hard back children's picture book, calendars, mugs, limited edition prints, placemats and coasters. As a Supporter level Patron and above you can vote on which illustrations are used for each product and VIP patrons will get exclusive work in progress updates and the ability to help shape and decide that final look of each product.
A big, huge thank you for any support you can offer, even the smallest pledge goes reeaalllyyy a long way.
I can't wait to welcome you to my Patreon community!