I've written and illustrated children's books, been involved in a number of comics, and make videos on my youtube channel. I do standalone, digital and traditional illustrations, which I sell on my etsy store, and I'm always coming up with new ideas and stories to work on.
Why Patreon?Patreon is a fantastic service that lets the people who love my art support my art. The money I raise through Patreon goes straight back into my art, and it means I can buy more supplies, and do more to make my work the best it can be. The people who support me through Patreon are people who love my work and want to get involved in making it even better!
Here's a bunch of things my Patreon helps me fund:
- My website hosting. It's currently only £8.97 every 3 months, so this is only really a snippet.
- Adobe Creative Cloud. In other words, Photoshop! The subscription is around £50 per month and lets me make my art, make videos, and other exciting things.
- Art supplies. I'm kind of heading more into digital work, but I do still like picking up pen and paper now and then...
- Food! Sustenance! Money is tight for an independent artist, and some of the money from Patreon does indeed go towards feeding me! There have been times where I was literally able to eat because of the support my Patrons give me. There's something extraordinarily special about that.
- New gadgets. Last year, due to the help of my Patreon supporters, I was able to purchase a new computer. I was working off a laptop which couldn't handle photoshop very well and kept overheating. My new computer means more cool stuff for you! :)
Art Goals!Behold; a bunch of stuff I want my Patreon to help support me in the future:
- Dedicated art space. I currently work in the living room of my flat, which is also home to two other humans and three rats. It's a bit chaotic sometimes and my art stuff doesn't really have a set home. Studio space means a dedicated work area just for me, which means more things for you to look at and read and see.
- Travelling / going to conventions: I want to be able to frequently hire tables at conventions and travelling around to visit the friends I've made here. Currently I'm stuck with my limited income, and I can't afford to travel. One of my patreon goals is to be able to do that regularly, meeting new friends and old.
- Hiring help. There's no easy way to say this, some businessy things I have to do are really boring. I want to eventually get to a place where I can justify hiring someone to help me with these tasks so I can spend more time on the work that matters.
Thanks so much for checking me out! Any questions, just throw me a message and I can't wait to have you join me in achieving some of these goals! xxx