This Patreon is a platform for me to share my Dissertation work with community; including song, theoretical writing, paintings and stories of place, plant portraits, cosmological mapping guides and guided meditations.
My primary tools for generating a living cosmology for myself, family and community are:
- growing a sustainable home habitat (greywater systems, composting systems, earth-based dwellings, native gardening, plant medicine and habitat growth for pollinators and other winged, scaled and furred neighbors)
- mapping the cosmology I wish to live in and see reflected around me, including how we want to feel in relation to our selves <<self-love>>, how we want to decolonize our daily lives <<reincorporating ancestral knowledges and ways into the present urban-digitalized capitalistic realities>>, and how we want to engage with others <<coalition-building, conflict-resolution, loving accountability *gracias LA Rooted for your examples of this*
- teaching these potentialities to others
- painting the worlds we are finding and creating as documentation, as proof, and as a source and reminder of bliss and
- singing with intention and content reflecting the medicina que encuentro
In 2013, my friend and fellow UCLA MFA grad David Whitaker and I began a DIY PhD for ourselves, desiring a rigorous educational program without limitations on what our fields of study are, and how we learn. This ideal program has nourished me for the past four years, and I want to share my processes with others, in exchange for sustainable and accessible economy!
WE ARE GENERATING LIVING COSMOLOGIES TOGETHER!
This work is possible because of the thousands of years of work Indigenous communities have done and continue to do in stewarding habitat, soil and water, and created education networks to keep their biodiversity and plant communities thriving. Thank you to the Tongva for the incredibly gorgeous and exceedingly endangered living systems we see today.