In case you're wondering, I'm an indie author who writes original light novels in English. The kind of novels that I write are Young Adult (YA) Thriller and Suspense novels.
You can also expect to see me blending facts and fiction together in my novels so then not only you'll learn new things, but you can also get yourself entertained too.
The novels that you see in the picture above are the novels that I currently publish which you can get on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kobo and iBooks. The books are also available in print and audiobook too.
So, why I've decided to write an original light novels? Well, it's because I love anime, manga, and videogames. While I do enjoy reading English translated light novels (SAO, Accel World, etc.), I also enjoy reading original light novels written by non-Japanese authors.
And being able to publish it and tell everyone that I have my books available on retailers like Amazon is the happiest moment in my life. It feels so liberating to be able to publish what I want to read and have it available for sales to those who are looking for similar books.
But then again, the reality hits me. I got my feet wet in self-publishing when I began publishing my first nonfiction book. I thought that I could wing it just fine since it didn't cost that much for me to publish the nonfiction books.
It looks like I was wrong. It takes a huge amount of money and time to create a professional-looking light novel.
Despite the hurdle, I don't feel like giving up. After all, I always dream of having my books adapted into anime. If you have ever watched the anime Bakuman or read the manga, I admit that I'm no different than Mashiro and Takagi. In Bakuman, they don't just want to make a living from their works. But they also want to see their works adapted into anime.
With this vision in mind, I would love to have your support so then I can continue to produce professional-looking original light novels for people who love to read this kind of book.
Here's the breakdown on how I will use the fund:
- Hire professional illustrator to do the book cover illustration
- Hire editors to do structural and line editing
- Hire a proofreader so then my manuscript will be error-free before it hits the printing press
- Buy a proof copy of my book just to see that the formatting for the print book is correct (I won't lie that it feels great to hold my book physically and proudly shows it to other people)
- Buy a high quality microphone and a pop filter to create a professional and high quality audiobook (Audible and iTunes will reject my audiobook if it's low quality)
- Cover other expenses such as web hosting, email marketing provider, domain name, etc.
- Buy books that I can use as a reference and inspiration for my next book (It can be non-fiction books or manga)
In a nutshell, the fund is mostly used for publishing the books and also for the website maintenance. It's a bonus that I can buy the books that I want while using it as a source of reference and inspiration.
If you love anime, manga, videogames, reading light novels and original light novels, then I'd love to have you supporting my work. You can pick whatever tier that you can afford to support me.
It doesn't matter whether you choose the cheapest tier or the most expensive tier to support me, it still means the world to me.
Once again, thank you for your time to take a look at my campaign.