We (Leinstay/Demonik) are the team of programmers who created SGG, both the challenge itself and the website with application that is used at the annual convention of top-rated streamers Strimhata. More often, our site is used as a one-of-a-kind randomizer and a database of all games that existed on Steam, with additional information about difficulty, rankings and gameplay length taken from GameFAQ, SteamSpy, HowLongToBeat, Metacritic, Gamerankings.
Examples of challenges:
- SGG: Pass games of time periods: 1985-1990, 1990-1995, 1995-2000, 2000-2003, 2003-2006, 2006-2009, 2009-2012, 2012-2014, 2014-2016, 2016-2018;
- Reverse SGG: Standard SGG in reverse order;
- Coop SGG: Standard SGG with a filter for cooperative gameplay with an interested friend;
- BossRush SGG: Complete 10 random games 15-25% faster (for example, there are 10 games with an average gameplay length of 4 hours, complete them for 35 hours instead of 40);
- Indie SGG: Complete 10 random indie games and support independent developers.
- One-trick SGG: Standard SGG in one specific genre (only RPG, FPS, etc.);
The point of the original challenge is to experience how the video game industry has changed (and whether it has changed at all). The difficulty and duration can be changed by increasing or decreasing the number of games.
About Patreon and the future:
At the moment, we have implemented almost every thing that is necessary for the smooth operation of the website and returned to our main work. And the Patreon was created to see whether the website visitors need the development of the project. In the future, we could implement:
- Games from the following stores: Uplay, Origin, Battle.net, GOG (already available in an exclusive application);
- More filters: availability/non-availability of discounts, achievements, etc.;
- The community for SGG streamers on Twitch. Streams of the most viewed broadcasters of the community will be streamed in a special section of the website with an average attendance of ~200 people per day;
- Search for specific games by name;
- A separate convenient page for overview of all games according to the specified criteria;
- Open API for accessing our database (with limits);
- Statistics and summary for all trading platforms;
- Speedrun information for each existing game;
- Applications for Android/iOS;
How much to donate and what to do if you have no money for donations:
Even the smallest donation is of great importance. $1 is a pack of apples or rice. It can help to live and not to grieve! Plus, you can unsubscribe at any time if you will lose an attraction to the site.
No money? No problem! Our site, as before, is freely available on the web. Nothing will change for you. Likes and comments excellently help and support as well.