Shaun Spaldingis creating Games, Tutorials & Resources
Select a membership level
You're in a club for Wizards who magically sustain, support and improve my GameMaker tutorials, games and resources. (Using money.)
- Credited in almost all works of all kinds.
- Immediate access to new tutorial videos as soon as they are ready, before public release.
- Vote to select upcoming video topics and shape the direction of my work.
- Freely access source code packages for tutorials.
Limited (2 of 45 remaining)
These wizards have gone mad with power and should probably be stopped.
- Everything from above tiers.
- Voice shout out at the end of my videos.
- DM with me via Discord or Patreon, one to one about GM or project issues. (I do not operate a discord server!)
- Free access to *all* games, source code, resources or tools I make or have made for as long as my Patreon runs.
- Access to occasional test builds of games/projects.
About Shaun Spalding
Who am I?I'm Shaun Spalding, I'm an ex-Ubisoft game designer and independent game developer. I make tutorial videos, livestreams, tools and assets for GameMaker Studio 1 & 2 and game development in general. I also make video games!
Why Patreon?Making regular tutorial videos and content for developers isn't something I can do alongside a full time job, and I also really don't want to charge for tutorials, or create courses behind a paywall. I want to create stuff that everyone can use.
At the moment I support my YouTube work with adverts and freelance work. The latter takes up a lot of my time and slows down my tutorials, and the former doesn't produce enough money on its own to sustain what I do despite my relatively large subscriber base and search ranking on YouTube.
Adverts also encourage a style of content that favors retention and mass market appeal rather than quality and depth. I would rather do away with them entirely and be funded solely by great people that care about my work. Those are the people who should influence it, not advertisers. Nobody likes watching adverts anyway.
So if you like my work, if you find it helpful, or even if you think that my stuff could help, encourage and teach others who want to get into games development, then please consider becoming a patron of my work! Patrons get access to all sorts of cool stuff. Check it all out in the side bar!
Thank you to each and every one of my patrons for believing in the work that I do and keeping it going and growing and improving these last few years. Without them, most of my tutorials in the last few years wouldn't exist.
$1,486 of $1,500 per month
2 of 4