Side Street Studio Artsis creating an outlet for the Elgin arts scene
Thank you for finding us and supporting us! You'll get all of the patron-only posts and special surprises now and then. Your are helping to build an artistic community, and we couldn't do it without you. Thank you!
Thank you for coming! Side Street is built on the $5 suggested donation and has worked to create community one $5 suggested donation at a time. You are now part of that community. You are supporting a myriad of programs from free classes for young artists to our summer-long Battle of the Bands to our brand new Self-Care Sundays, all happening in downtown Elgin, IL! You are here, and that is huge! You'll get all of the patron-only posts. Your support is so very important to us. We make a dollar, even better five dollars, go a long way! Thank you for coming!
We started Side Street, because we fell in love with our 15 Ziegler Ct. space. Our spaces are home, and they cost us a minimum of $10 per hour keep! Your $10 monthly contribution, helps to open the doors for up to 12 hours a year. Do you know what we can do with 12 hours in our space? That's 6 Drop-In Small Wonders sessions or 12 hours of free and open Gallery Hours or 12 Elgin Fringe Festival performances!
About Side Street Studio Arts
- 24 visual art exhibitions
- 35 music performances
- 50+ live art events
- 300+ on-site arts education programs
- 240+ hours of Community Moves arts education outreach programming
- 5 artist-internships
- 3 arts-admin internships
- 2 Elgin Community College Future Workforce leaders
- weekly free gallery hours
- during an average week, there are approximately 100 hours of SSSA activities
- donated space for multiple fundraising events for area organizations
- co-produced the Elgin Fringe Festival and Elgin Literary Festival with the City of Elgin
- featured a downtown Elgin GALLERY and THEATER that were active 52 of 52 weeks during the year.