Singular MARSis creating a better future through Engineering
About Singular MARS
My name is Javier Rivera, a mechatronics engineer that just started a business with big dreams, like making electric vehicles available to everyone (and not just cars - planes and ships too!), tackling climate change and taking part in the colonization of Mars, to name a few.
Some of the projects I intend to take on won't be profitable (humanitarian or environmental causes) or ridiculously expensive (put a permanent base on the moon) but I believe that if society stops looking at financial profit and if we collaborate instead of compete we can accomplish anything.
That's where YOU come in. With your generous donations you are helping towards creating a better future, investing in R&D, taking care of the planet and taking part on the exciting future ahead.
On my part, I vow to forgo a high paying salary, for the benefit of the greater cause. I will release my designs open source, whenever possible. I will keep you, patrons, updated every month on where your money is going, regardless of your contributions. I will work hard and invest my own assets and profits first to achieve these goals.
Current projects that you'll be supporting:
- Dave Hakkens / Precious Plastic. Plastic recycling, open source machines. ($2/month)
- Fully Charged Show by Robert Llewellyn. Renewable energy and electric/hybrid vehicles news and reviews. ($2/month)
- Wikipedia. The free encyclopedia. (3€/month)
- Scott Santens: professional Universal Basic Income advocator ($1/month)
- The planetary society, space exploration non-profit ($4/month)
- Volunteering in our local community, litter picking and nature conservation
Investments made with your help:
- Sono Motors. Electric car (with solar panels incorporated in the car body) startup from Germany.
- Bolt Mobility. Electric scooter startup from Netherlands.
- The Big Lemon CIC. Social enterprise public transport (bus) in Brighton, UK
- Recycling Technologies. Startup converting plastic waste back into oil.
- Go Modular Technologies. Factory-made homes.
- Polysolar. Transparent solar panels for glass
- Candy Mechanics. Bespoke chocolate treats made with robots
- Equator aircraft. Electric airplanes
- And the list keeps growing !
Past projects supported:
- London Hackspace. Not-for-profit collaborative workshop. (£15/month x 3 months)
- UoS Lunar Hopper and other University groups working on electric Formula One cars and electric motorbikes.
- Greenpeace UK. Fighting for the environment (£3/month)
Many thanks for your support!
Let the future begin.
Wow! You're a true fan! We'll have at least an hour a month to chat so that we can talk about anything! Feel free to ask anything, technical consultations or design requests. Plus the above of course :)
This is awesome, thanks a lot ! We can offer you our expertise, knowledge and resources for half a day a month to develop a project side by side with you. Want to develop a new product or machine? Let's do it!
Amazing!! thanks a lot for your help ! We'll take you for dinner each month and offer our advise and knowledge for anything you need!
You don't know how much this means to me! This would allow us to do so much more good work and cover basic bills. If you're mad enough for this we'll make sure you're taken well care of..