For Me Patreon is...
- a way to closer connect with fans of my games
- monthly deadlines to keep me accountable
- funds to take some of the financial stress off my back
I'd like to treat this platform as a real job, which would help me focus on producing game development related content regularly, which is harder to do being my own boss.
For You that Means...
- more free and fun games!
- early access to visuals and playables of what I'm working on
- part in brainstorming and game design decision making
- ad-free versions of mobile releases *
- wallpapers with silly art from my games
- your name in the credits
- Linux, OSX and Windows Phone versions of my games
- monthly progress reports
- many many thanks!
I have some other perks planned, but I'll keep them a secret until I will be sure that I have resources to deliver them.
* for my games to have patron-only content and ad removal available, I will have to update them with additional functionality, which is not yet ready and will take some time.
Where Will the Money Go?
I do have a job, which covers my rent, utility bills and most of my living expenses in exchange to a chunk of my soul. Patreon funds will be added to the tiny ad revenue from my mobile releases and it will be used for:
- software licensing
- paying app-store & backup service fees
- hosting and domain expenses
- hiring artists to help with art, sound effects and music of my projects
- soften the blows of unexpected adult life expenses
Risk and Challenges
Switching from jumping around different projects to creating a regular stream of content might be a shock at first, but I'm willing to try powering through it.
It is complicated to slice gamedev output to a monthly chunks since a lot of the time has to be dedicated to work without visual results. That's where I will try being as transparent as possible and ask for your understanding.
In case of unexpected circumstances, which would cause my inability to work for a longer period of time I'm more than willing to pause the campaign or do refunds if needed.
Jackpot case is something I dream about and would like to address here. In an event of my game(s) going big and covering the list of expenses above, there will be special rewards to people, who have helped me to reach that. This campaign will then either be closed or used to fund other indie projects or charities we will choose together every month.
Whenever you took the time to read this text, played my games, supported & encouraged me on social channels or decided to help my case with spare money, I'd like to send out a huge warm THANKS to your direction!