Som Parisis creating A Free Trans and Queer Nature Retreat
Select a membership level
* Your name, or a symbol of your choice, carved onto a pillar to commemorate the founding of the trans and queer nature retreat!
* Be included in a raffle to receive all travel expenses paid to come and stay at Sete Outeiros (this reward, once unlocked, is available to all Patreon followers, whether paying patrons or not).
*Access to a rolling Q&A on anything to do with Sete Outeiros, the blog posts, the novels or trans life in the wilds! Ask what you want.
For your name to be carved on the pillar you must become a patron before we reach our target of $550 a month. Any symbol must be approved beforehand.
The raffle will only be unlocked when we have reached the $750 a month target.
Double the love!
The rewards are all the same as above but for those who can, your support to Sete Outeiros is doubled! We want to keep access to rewards as open as possible to those who have little while still those who have a tiny bit more to spread the love and help build this project.
Queer Writing Lover
All of the above rewards AND
* Early access to blog posts before publication with opportunity for discussion.
* Vote on which blog posts you want to see next
* Special access to Som Paris’s fiction. Immediately on pledging you’ll have chapter one of her finished novel, Raven Nothing and more to come once you've read the first! (Raven Nothing is currently signed to Aqueduct Press).
* Be involved works in process -- have a voice on things like character names or titles, discuss tricky issues, etc.
Hi, I’m Paris!
I organise a space for people to spend time in nature and see alternative ways to live fulfilling trans and queer lives.
Sete Outeiros - The Trans and Queer Wild Hideout
Here's how it works. You come to visit for a few weeks and if you can help out with food and expenses then great, if not, we've got you covered. This place is totally free to visit.
Sete Outeiros offers the opportunity to learn about gardening, carpentry and off-grid living as well as access to rivers, waterfalls and many many hikes, all in an accepting environment conducive to self-discovery and personal growth.
We also host bigger weekend events in our beautiful camping zone down by the creak.
I want to Come!
Great, send us an email: ola @ seteouteiros . gal
What is Patreon?
Patreon allows us to survive with your help. It is an online platform that allows fans to directly support hard working artists, makers and creaters, giving them the financial security to keep on making. I chose to use Patreon to build up Sete Outeiros because I wanted this place to be free for everyone to come and visit, I wanted it to have a stable, monthly foundation and I wanted it to be a space where the volunteer work visitors do is not exploited for commercial gain. If everyone gives just a tiny amount every month, a real paradise can be maintained!
What's in it for you?!
Besides just knowing that you're keeping this amazing space going, once all rewards are unlocked:
* If you're quick your name, or a symbol of your choice, will be hand carved onto Sete Outeiros' founding pillar.
* Every follower on Patreon, whether they are able to support the project financially right now or not, will be included in a raffle to receive all travel expenses paid to come and stay at Sete Outeiros.
Excerpt from the inauguratory blog post:
I’m often asked if being here helped. Did the silence of the hills midwife my waking? Wouldn’t that be a romantic thought—that leaving society behind for the howls of the night creatures crumbles our social artifices, leaving us naked and real. That the wild strips away social shit like fierce wind blasts away stone leaving the core, twistingly beautiful, ferocious and true. Read MORE...
This humble goal represents our half-way mark to being a fully funded summer retreat from June through September. Sete Outeiros won't yet be financially independent, but we'll be getting there!