Sounds Like An Earful is a Canadian studio that develops really good podcasts.
We are a group of talented oddballs who produce independent podcasts. Our studio creates original content in-house and we work really hard to foster a creative community around podcasting.
WHAT ARE YOU SUPPORTING?
Sounds Like An Earful is a 'podcast studio'. Not sure what a 'podcast studio' does? No worries, it does a whole bunch of great things. Among those things are:
- Creating really high-quality original podcast content
- Working to help other podcasters both look & sound better
- Creating free resources for podcasters - this includes releasing Creative Commons music
- Fostering a community of people by blogging, connecting & promoting the medium of podcasting (and all it has to offer)
- Supporting newcomers who want to start their own podcasts but lack experience
- Celebrating being odd & creative
Mostly though, we like to make folks laugh, cry and think (not always in that order). Our studio is a place where creativity is necessary, strange ideas are celebrated and everyone is welcome as long as they have stories to tell.
WHY DO WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT?
The simple answer is that while we love producing podcasts and our audience wants more (see reviews here), the workload is reeeeally big. Creating multiple shows every week takes time, technology, and humanpower. We do work for hire in order to sustain the studio, but we also volunteer a lot of our time toward all of the not-for-profit things that the studio does. We need your help to continue producing original content & volunteering our skills to other good folks.
Firstly, your support goes directly toward the immediate costs of our original podcasts (server storage, software, studio expenses, etc.). The more we can raise here on Patreon, the more we can create great content for our growing audience.
Secondly, your help will enable us to dedicate more time to doing things that give back to the entire podcasting community.
- We want to make music & give it away to folks with great ideas (but small budgets).
- We want to incubate new shows and help them develop their skills without all the regular prohibitive costs associated.
- We think podcasting is a really cool way for human beings to connect, understand each other & exchange ideas. We want to encourage that however we can.
If everyone who gets value out of the things we create gives as little as $1/month - Sounds Like An Earful can be a hub of really creative audio.
We know, the internet is a weird place. Here is the bottom line. We produce a bunch of online radio shows. They are pretty good by our best estimations. They are always getting better. You can help that process continue by giving a small donation every month. It is a simple way to help build a community around creativity, curiosity & audio.
If anything you've heard from Sounds Like An Earful has made your day a bit better - you can return the favour by keeping us busy & well-caffeinated. Of course, if you change your mind you can always cancel at any time.
WHAT DO THE PODCASTS SOUND LIKE?
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
This video should help answer any other questions you've got about this whole Patreon shindig. You can check out our website for more info on the show.
Thank you kindly for taking the time to check us out, it means a lot.