SparkedEchois creating sound-based arts as a tool for social change.
Select a membership level
Support Our Staff
Your pledge goes directly toward paying our staff and associate community musicians.
- Exclusive patron-only work-in-progress updates on our new sound-based projects (digital)
- Good karma
Your pledge goes toward keeping our business alive and our lights on.
- Access to a private patron-only community group (online) where we can discuss the learning and social impact of our sound-based projects
- Plus everything in the previous tier
AMAZING! Thank you for your generous support!
- Access to an exclusive patron-only sound-making video tutorial, delivered by one of our community musicians (once a month)
- Plus everything in the previous tiers
SparkedEcho is a grassroots Community Interest Company, working with some of the most marginalised groups in Kent and Sussex, UK. We use sound-based arts as a tool for social change. We work in partnership with other voluntary sector organisations to bring high quality, exciting music experiences to those who would not normally access them.
- Our projects have reached: children and young people, families, older people, rurally isolated, disability groups, refugee groups and young people at risk of the criminal justice system.
- We have delivered unusual work - from choirs on a moving train and a 'puzzle opera' in living rooms, to an art installation featuring sound recordings from people's gardens.
- We've worked in many places across Kent and Sussex including: Seaford, Eastbourne, Queenborough, Ditchling, Folkestone, Gravesend, Gillingham, Sheerness, Rochester, Chatham, Strood, Sittingbourne, Faversham, Hastings, and even neighbouring Thurrock!
Our work relies on a mix of generated income (from event tickets, workshop fees and artist commissions), grants funding (inc. Arts Council England, local authority and community foundations) and private donations. This covers our modest running costs for rent, artist fees, admin, equipment, software and marketing.
Now, in 2020, we are on a journey to sustain our team and deliver new programmes, in response to the huge societal issues we face in a post-coronavirus world. Unprecedented times, require creative and innovative solutions. We have the ideas - from a Phone a Musician Scheme for isolated older people who can book and curate their own living concerts, to a 3D soundscape app to reduce anxiety in children returning to school after lockdown.
All of our projects aim to achieve 3 outcomes:
1. Healthy - participants experience improved health and wellbeing
2. Connected - participants feel more connected to the area they live in
3. Creative - artists design creative activities that are more accessible
We want to continue to use sound-based arts as a powerful tool for social change. And to test and innovate new ideas. Could you join us on this journey?
Recent posts by SparkedEcho
How it works
Get started in 2 minutes
Choose a membership
Add a payment method