Hi! My name is Faye Villanueva. I am the author and illustrator of the graphic series Incognito. I also am drawing for the series MA-I. I have been a contributor in the Philippine publishing industry as an illustrator, book editor, and marketer. But my heart’s desire is to pursue creating engaging stories and visuals that impact and engage the world (on the side, well, also make fan arts). That is why three years ago I ventured into comics and visual arts and right now they’re already fulfilling that impact in some way here in the Philippines.
I hope to bring these materials to the world and thought that it can only be done via this channel and through your support. Your support will allow me to continue the work I’ve started and will serve as a subscription to enjoy all of these, FULL ACCESS. By the way, Spatial child is a term I coined because I usually create my visuals out of nothing (more of this here). Visual-spatial is a more appropriate term but that's too lengthy for a username, right?
For just a dollar per month (your choice if you want to give more per month!), you'll be able to FULLy ACCESS to the following:
1. Digital copies of my artworks which you can print for personal use or display.
2. Real-time Work In Progress videos (the one-minuter videos I post on my Instagram account which are about an hour of work in real time) so that you can be able to observe how I start and finish a piece. I will put anecdotes and comments on these videos that may give you tips on how to do your own artworks.
3. Behind-the-scenes and inside stories about my creative progress as well as insights and additional information (nerd feed) about Incognito comics and artworks. If you want to create your comics, this will be helpful. Drawing is just the tip of the iceberg.
4. Read Incognito Comics (in English!) online. EXCLUSIVE!
Where will your subscription go?
- for replenishment of my art materials. Because I do them traditionally using mediums such as watercolors, india inks, and alcohol markers.
- for upgrade of my equipment if needed. For now I use an HP laptop with only 2GB ram, a Sapphire Wacom pad (granny) and a flatbed scanner to clean up my traditional works and make them ready for publishing. When and if these equipment wear out, I need funds to upgrade pr replace them.
- for building a library of references that will further enhance my craft and make my works more effective to be shared and impact the world.
- I would sometimes hire typesetters, cleaners, background artists to help me move my comics forward. Of course they need to be paid too.
- for payment of my Internet connection so that I can continue my service to you.
- Digital formats of my work will be distributed through Patreon post attachments and other links.