Spiderweb Salonis creating poetry, music, art, community, & creative experience
Select a membership level
- Access to a full digital catalog of Spiderweb Salon’s zines, with permission to duplicate.*
- Our eternal love and gratitude!
*for private and educational use
Thank you for believing in us! When you support us at this tier, you get our Zine Enthusiast Perks and you unlock:
- Digital invites to all public and private Spiderweb Salon showcases, like Spiderweb Salon Loves You. (Free access to showcases at $10+/month tiers.)
- The option to join our 'Friends of Spiderweb Salon' Facebook group, where you can connect with other local artists in conversation and collaboration.
- A thank you on our website (unless you wish to remain anon).
-Random snail-mail treats from the Spiderweb crew.
Welcome to Spiderweb Salon! We're a creative collective based in Denton, TX. We curate and host showcases, events, recordings, publications, workshops, and experiences that encourage collaboration, unity, compassion, and curiosity for ourselves and the people around us.
Our collective's goals are simple and haven't changed all that much since we first began in 2012, but we're working harder than ever in 2019 to be oriented toward social justice, skill sharing, and community building. We always aim to create & collaborate constantly, to curate places, events, and publications where folks can develop and share their creativity, learn new skills, and come together to create a space of radical love and care for one another. Meet our administrative crew here.
Because we are a volunteer-run, DIY creative collective, Patreon is crucial to supporting a sustainable foundation for all we create and do in our community. Your support on Patreon helps us:
1) Host our ongoing workshops and skill-sharing initiatives;
2) Continue to curate amazing public and private showcases and events;
3) Acquire the resources and services to professionally produce, record, and release the work of musicians, performance artists, and poets;
4) Create community-building activities that influence collaboration and encourage compassionate creativity and thought;
5) Continue to offer scholarship recording opportunities for local musicians;
6) Produce and publish our ongoing zine collections;
7) Fund and produce large-scale projects by artists we believe in;
8) Document and record our collective work;
9) Maintain and improve our website and external communications;
10) Provide mentorship and resources for local artists (such as the Mental Health Support Group beginning 2019);
11) Allow our artists travel opportunities for specific creative projects and retreats;
12) Facilitate connections between community organizations, resources, and creatives;
13) Encourage everyone around us to expand their horizons, to dream, and to manifest a more beautiful and thoughtful world for everyone.
Learn more about Spiderweb Salon & our projects on our website.
Spiderweb Salon has been creating events, experiences, recordings, and publications since 2012. This has included over 85 showcases, countless workshops, thousands of zines, featured articles, a parade, a protest march, a traveling caravan, a pool party, a fake wedding, a collective wake, a baking blog, a few batches of beer, a collaboration with the Dallas Museum of Art (and another one in 2019!), late night poetry benders, a podcast series, a small residency program, and many fundraisers supporting causes we believe in. Over the years we have created with hundreds & hundreds of artists at our shows, both local and traveling, and have proudly witnessed many of our members make incredible things happen near & far.
Our collective is currently roaming and does not have a regular venue. We operate mostly out of homes, bars, basements, bookshops, backyards, and the occasional art gallery or museum.
Spiderweb Salon has a zero-tolerance policy for racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, or discriminatory hate in any form; it is of the utmost importance to us that our community has a safe space to share their art, try new things, make lifelong friends and collaborators, and express themselves freely. If you align with these values and want to take your creative output to new heights, let’s create together!