Hi, everyone! I'm Stephanie Smith, an illustrator who is creating fun drawings of monsters, animals, occasional fan art, and anything else that pops into my head. I'm currently focused on improving character designs – from human ones we all know to fantasy creatures we've never met. And in 2018, I'm going to create a children's book! So, if you like what I do and would like to join me on this journey, keep reading below to see how it all works.
What is Patreon?
Patreon is kind of like an ongoing Kickstarter campaign. But instead of funding one big thing, it supports ongoing creation of content. You can pledge as much or as little as you want each month (starting at $1.00), and you can cancel any time. You can also just follow along here for free.
I started this Patreon to have a place to interact directly with YOU about my art in a more dedicated setting than the social media outlets I use. (Think of it as a Facebook newsfeed, but without the politics and Tasty videos.) By making a pledge each month, it's as if you're buying me a coffee and saying, "Hey, I like your stuff! Keep it up – I want to see more!"
So What Do You Get If You Pledge?
Besides a BIG HUGE thanks for your interest in what I do, here are details of what a pledge for $1.00 (or more) per month gets you:
- Access to the Patron-only Newsfeed. The Newsfeed is where I will share the nitty-gritty details of what I create – everything from sketches to the process of creating a children’s book. This will include daily drawings, process sketches and videos, inspiration, and upcoming plans. It is also where I hope to interact with you!
- A typical week’s worth of posts could include: a Morning Monster drawing, process drawings showing pages of character sketches I’ve been working on, time-lapse videos, and work-in-progress pictures of bigger pieces I’m creating.
- I will also do some polls about what you’d like to see me draw, and ask for opinions and feedback.
- Morning Monster Download. As a thank you for your support, I'll provide a link each month to download a high-res image of one of my Morning Monsters. Like this one here:
In the future, I may add more tiers for rewards, but for now I'm starting with a simple tip jar. I'm hoping to grow a community here and see what people are interested in, as well as share my journey to create a children's book. As that evolves, so will this Patreon.
So if you like what I do, please consider becoming my Patron and join my community! I look forward to creating more art with you around!
BECOME A PATRON - How It Works:
1. Press the big, orange BECOME A PATRON button.
2. Decide how much you'd like to pledge. Pledges start at $1.00.
3. Press the Confirm and Pledge button.
4. Start enjoying my world of illustration with me!
Note: Pledges are processed at the beginning of each month starting with the previous month pledged. You can cancel or change your pledge at any time.