My Degree Plan will consist of the following:
- Music Composition 1, 2 and 3 (Species Counterpoint, Baroque, Romantic, Impressionistic and Modern music).
- Music Theory 1, 2 and 3 (Species Counterpoint, Dan Haerle Jazz method, Schenkerian analysis and Schoenberg's Theory of Harmony and Structural Function of Harmony).
- Orchestration 1, 2 and 3 (Score Reading, Composing for orchestra and using Finale, Dorico and/or Notion - Sibelius will be included).
- Computer 1, 2 and 3 (DAWs, Kontakt and VI Pro, Vienna Ensemble Pro, Finale, Sibelius and Notion, Sample Libraries, and much much more).
That article is from 2015 and either most of that equipment is gone or desperately needs to be replaced. I can't afford to do this by making free videos. My Mac Pros themselves are from 2009!
My YouTube schedule is going to be grueling and I'm doing this for free:
- Monday - Music Theory Video - Classic contrapuntal and Schenkerian Analysis
- Tuesday - Music Theory Video - Analysis of modern music
- Wednesday - Composition and Orchestration Videos.
- Friday - Software, Hardware and Plug-in Demos and Reviews
- Saturday - Viewer Request. Patreon members decide what video I make
- University of North Texas Double Major in Music Theory and music Composition.
- Minored in Jazz Studies.
- Two years at Houston Community College's Multimedia Center.
- One year at the MIT, (the Musician's Institute of Technology in Hollywood, CA.).
- VSL Certiication
ACCOLADES AND HONORS:
- Nominated Junior Student of the Year at UNT.
- Dean's List at UNT.
- Honor Roll ate UNT.
- Acknowledged in several books including David Pouge's Mac FAQs and Dr. Kevin Korsyn's Decentralizing Music.
MY STORY SO FAR:
Began formal piano lessons at age 5, Voice at 8, guitar at 10, bass at 13, Music Theory and Composition at 15. Played in the high school Jazz Band (Competed locally and intrastate), Played bass in several UNT Lab Bands. Played Piano in the Houston HCC night Jazz Ensemble, full scholarship to play bass in the HBU Jazz Band. Toured nationally for three years with various bands (bass). Session Musician in Los Angeles, Dallas and Houston studios. Assistant Engineer at Studio 55 in Hollywood, CA (on the Paramount lot). Began Bachelor of Music Theory and Composition and UNT. After 150 of study left early to accept position at Apple Computer. My priority was to build a state of the art home studio. Beta tester for numerous major Music software companies including Vienna Software Libraries (have signed NDA with others). After leaving the IT Industry I only had one thing on my mind. I wanted to write and record an album that I would be proud of and I was willing to quit my job and put everything aside to do it. Other then the drums I played every instrument on the album and wrote every song except for one which I co-wrote with a friend. In 2011, after the release of the album called “The Expat”, I was nominated for two awards for the Houston Press Music Awards: Best Male Vocalist of the Year and Best Band of the Year. After a year of playing gigs to support the album I turned my attention yet again to something else - Film scoring. It made perfect sense.