Stjepan Glavinais creating Crossbeam in Rust
I'm a Rust enthusiast working on Crossbeam.
- Sorting in the standard library. My first contribution to Rust was optimizing the stable sort algorithm in the standard library. This was followed up by a RFC for adding unstable sort and a pull request with an implementation based on a recent novel algorithm, pattern-defeating quicksort.
- Sorting in Rayon. After gaining experience with sequential sorts, I’ve taken a stab at making them parallel and contributing to Rayon.
- Epoch-based GC. I’ve fixed a soundness hole in the interface for epoch-based GC and then redesigned it for better performance and destructor support.
- MPMC channels. I’ve implemented MPMC channels for Crossbeam, which behave very similarly to std::sync::mpsc channels, except they’re faster and more featureful. There’s also a RFC explaining it in a bit more detail.
- Lock-free skip list. Taking inspiration from Java’s ConcurrentSkipListMap, I’ve implemented a similar data structure in Rust. This was a monumental task due to the complexity of lock-free programming and the lack of GC in Rust.
Recent posts by Stjepan Glavina
How it works
Get started in 2 minutes
Choose a membership
Add a payment method