Novels are not created overnight, but pieces of them are and that's why I'm here. Short stories, flash fiction, random concept art, images of my brainstorm notebook- all of these parts of novel-writing are essential and rarely put out for the wider world to see. This campaign is here to help you support me in small, regular increments.
I'm currently focused on a short story under a pseudonym (support me there if you like) but in addition to that project I'm working on a story to be released as a serial both here and on my blog. That story is called Running With Scissors and you can learn more about it below.
Updates here come in two flavors: paid and free. Both updates are
immediate, but paid updates are aggregated at the end of each month and
charged to you at the level you have pledged. You can set a monthly
maximum to keep yourself on budget.
So what kind of things can you expect
- Occasional professional-level artwork: scenes, portraits, etc. (on Patreon or my website)
- Background and avatar versions of artwork for your free use (exclusive to Patreon)
- Occasional whole short stories. Wordcount: 1k-20k (on Patreon or my newsletter)
- Weekly scene update to my ongoing Fantasy serial. Wordcount: 300-1k (on Patreon or my website)
- Sketches/concept art (exclusive to Patreon)
- Outlines of new stories (exclusive to Patreon)
- Photos of my brainstorms directly from my notebook (exclusive to Patreon)
- Announcements of book publication before my blog (on Patreon or my newsletter)
- Coupons for books for sale (on Patreon or my newsletter)
Please become a patron.
Act Two: Running With Scissors
RWS is a serial fantasy story following Danielle, a regular girl stuck in an irregular world where unicorns serve as judge and jury, gnomes have infested the south district, and a minor god reports the weather on the nightly news.
It's about life in a strange place, negotiating friendships, hardships, love, and overcoming what gets in the way of being happy. It's about coming to terms with the fact that your dog has a fairy infection that he doesn't want cured and your best friend is a gargoyle who turns to stone in daylight. It's about being human in an inhuman country and keeping your values close because that's what makes you who you are.
Currently, updates to RWS or paid-level artwork are sporadic. As my focus moves from one major project to another, RWS may become more regularly updated.
Act Three: Future Projects
RWS will eventually be released as a collected e-book available for download to all patrons, but future projects are always on the horizon.
- Approaching Lightspeed, a steampunk series
- Ghostmarked, Dragonmarked, and Deathmarked, a fantasy trilogy
- Starsong, a fantasy novel
- Living Ships, a science fiction short story
So take a look at the pledge levels below and give as much as you think my craft is worth.
And in advance: Thank You.