About Supporters Direct ScotlandSupporters Direct has been working since 2000 to help supporters gain influence in the running and ownership of their club. In the last fifteen years we have helped our members to establish 192 trusts in the UK and we have worked with supporters to purchase and develop more than 40 community owned clubs. We have supported these members in raising more than £50 million to be reinvested back into their clubs and communities including £6 million through community shares projects; an area where we are market leaders.
In 2017, Supporters Direct Scotland incorporated locally as a democratic Community Benefit Society, founded on the cooperative principles.
Our objectives as an organisation are as follows:
- acting as the democratic and representative voice of the supporters of Scottish football, and protecting, promoting and furthering their interests;
- strengthening the bonds between Scottish football supporters and the game’s governing bodies and stakeholders;
- promoting equality and tackling prejudice within all levels of Scottish sport;
- providing support for community and supporter organisations that seek to buy, bid, govern and influence sports clubs;
- supplying advice and services to supporter organisations and sports clubs in relation to their affairs and development, and supporting them in delivering social and community value;
- operating democratically, fairly, sustainably, transparently and with financial responsibility, and encouraging Scottish sport to do likewise;
- being a positive, inclusive and representative organisation, open and accessible to all supporters regardless of their age, income, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality or religious or moral belief;
- assisting in the resolution of disputes between members;
- promoting sport and sports clubs as vehicles through which positive societal change can occur.
About The Scottish Supporters' NetworkThe Scottish Supporters network offers fans a platform to discuss important issues within the game and offers opportunities to influence real change within the game.
By joining, you will helping ensure the Scottish Supporters network is a strong, organised and unified voice with the common aim of improving the game for supporters. You’ll be invited to participate in surveys, polls and competitions and will be helping to make the network as representative as possible. We believe that having a strong vibrant fans movement allows us to act as a focal point for any organisation to hear the views of Scottish football supporters, be it the media, the Scottish Government or national and international football authorities.
The Network produces a huge amount of content each week. This includes member generated opinion pieces and content, offering it a platform for greater visibility, weekly podcasts with influential people within Scottish football, videos on positive work happening at all levels of the game, competitions for supporters and surveys. SD Scotland run the Supporters Network (and membership to it) for free because we believe in the value of giving fans a say in the running of our game. We hope through Patreon you can help SD Scotland with the running costs associated with the Network and show your support for our work to give fans a voice and promoting supporter involvement.
About Club Development ScotlandClub Development Scotland is a one-stop resource for clubs of any size and scale to help them best govern and develop their activities.
Alongside our guidelines, we offer a range of services to sport clubs of all shapes and sizes (and across a number of sports) to help them achieve their aims and objectives.
Club Development Scotland is an extension of the work that has been delivered throughout England and Wales by Supporters Direct (Club Development) and was also partly been formed from a recommendation from the ‘Supporter Involvement in Football Governance’ Report which came from a Working Group involving Supporters Direct, the Scottish FA, the SPFL, SportScotland and the Scottish Government.
Club Development Scotland is the consultancy arm of Supporters Direct Scotland, a membership organisation created to address the disconnect between football clubs and supporters.
Supporters Direct is the leading organisation working with and promoting sports clubs with community involvement in their ownership and governance structures and is a member of the Scottish FA’s Congress as a supporters representative.
We’ve help set up over 30 Supporters Trust and assisted in the conversion of several clubs into community ownership.
We develop these resources and guidance documents free of charge for clubs and hope patrons can help us continue develop them as to best support community clubs across Scotland.