Table Flip Gamesis creating Game Development Tutorials
Select a membership level
You are supporting Table Flip Games! You are a wonderful person.
As a thank you, we have some rewards for you:
- The patron-only feed, where we post updates on what we're up to. Videos in development, events we're attending, talks we're giving and games we're making too.
- The Table Flip Games monthly newsletter where we look back on recent video releases, discuss progress on upcoming ones, interesting videos and other stuff we can't possible imagine just yet.
You're not just supporting Table Flip Games, you're a full-grown pixelite! That gives you even more rewards than before:
- All rewards on the Nibble tier.
- Have your name in the credits at the end of our tutorial videos.
- Early access to new tutorial videos before they're released publicly.
- Have a say in what topics we cover next.
- Access to source code and art assets from our tutorials.
You've reached maximum Table Flip Games support level. Fantastic, this means maximum rewards!
- All rewards from Nibble and Pixelite tiers.
- Access to our Discord server where you can have 1-to-1 discussions about project work you're doing. Get portfolio reviews or just seek advice on what to do next.
- Free downloads of games and other projects made by Table Flip Games throughout the tutorial series.
We produce a variety of video tutorials to help people from all backgrounds to learn how to develop their own passion projects using video game technologies. We have a lot of fun making these tutorials and ask for those who enjoy our work to help support us to bring you even more content at the best quality possible.
What Experience Does Your Team Have in Games Development?
Between both Matt and Tommy they have over 15 years experience teaching video game development in higher education in the UK. This includes 3D modelling for props, characters and environments, texturing, animation, programming in C#, C++, Unity, Unreal and more. Plus we have worked as freelance developers for a variety of studios in the UK, as well as made video games of our own such as Sure Footing. Plus we frequently run workshops for schools, colleges and universities in the UK on game development as well as deliver talks at events around the country.
How Frequently Do You Release Content?
We will have new videos on the channel every week delivered by either Matt, Tommy or other members of our team. In between new video releases we run livestreams on the YouTube channel as you get to see us working on projects we have in development.
Why Do You Need Money?
While our company largely works in outsourcing and consultancy for studios, this work isn't a consistent stream of income, plus it takes us away from two things we love to do: making games and teaching others how to do so. But while we enjoying developing these tutorials, they still take time and cost us money to produce. Our hope is that through Patreon we can offset these production costs whilst ensuring our tutorial stay as high a quality as possible.
Why Use Patreon?
Patreon is a readily accessible format for us to receive funding and provide rewards to our supporters. We hope that our viewers see the value in the work we are producing and feel like it is worth investing in our show.