Most of my work goes to building my RPG supplement company, Tengu Mountain. But my favorite designs are campaign scenarios and adventures, and many of them aren't applicable to my current projects.
So here's my reasonably simple idea.
Each month, I will create 1 - 3 Scenario Packages, delivered in PDF format, for you to use.
Each Scenario Package will contain at least 5 new Campaign Scenarios.
Each Campaign Scenario is:
- 500 - 3,000 words (roughly 2 - 5 pages) in length
- light on rules, so it's adaptable to any game engine
- light on critical specifics, so it's adaptable to any campaign
- reasonably nifty
Each Campaign Scenario contains most or all of the following:
- Synopsis: The core of the situation in as few words as I can manage.
- Introduction: How the situation came to be the way it is.
- Involving the PCs: Ideas for getting the characters into the situation.
- Exposition: How the situation develops
- Climax: Where the situation explodes.
- Denouement: How to pick up the pieces and bring the scenario to a satisfying conclusion.
- Alternative Scenarios: Reimagining the scenario in a different light.
- Adapting the Scenario: Most of my scenarios are written for fantasy RPGs. This section will include advice on adapting the scenario to other genres: pulp, modern, sci-fi, superhero, and anything else I can think of .
Hopefully, you'll find something in each Package to wreak havoc upon your players!