Hi there, I'm Matt 👋
I've been working on Write.as, a minimalist blogging platform, for the past 3 years. It's the platform I've always wanted to see on the web -- free of advertising and personal data collection; simple and flexible enough to be useful in a ton of ways.
All revenue from Write.as goes right back into the business, and it's been cash flow-positive for over 6 months now. But I'm still living off my savings while I build it full-time, and a little extra income would help me keep doing this until it's profitable.
If you like what I'm building and want to help me reach my goals, please consider backing me here.
So far, I've built:
- Write.as, a place to publish your writing.
- Read Write.as, a place to read what others have written.
- HTMLhouse, for quickly publishing a web page and learning web development.
- Snap.as, for easily sharing photos and galleries.
When I'm not building these products, I'm also writing about how to make software and businesses that work for humans. You can read a little more about me on that blog.
I also release small projects that don't directly fit with the Write.as suite, but still incorporate my principles or improve something on the web. Here's what I've built so far:
- Public Bio, an open source alternative to About.me, etc. [in development]
- Make Medium Readable Again, a favorite Chrome extension and Firefox add-on that makes Medium less annoying.
- Make Facebook Browsable, a Firefox add-on that makes Facebook bearable when you're not logged in.
- さまよう (Samayou), a simple travel-related bookmarking service inspired by a recent trip abroad.
Your contribution here will help me maintain these projects, and create more just like them. Thank you for your support!