the ghastly is an anthology of short horror fiction created by independent artists. It includes both a digital magazine and an hour long radio program. It is supported entirely through the subscriptions and contributions of its Patreon patrons, and is dedicated to showcasing independent talent and paying its contributors a fair and competitive rate.
Each new volume of the magazine and each new episode of the radio hour will be released simultaneously.
The Magazinethe ghastly magazine is an e-zine packed with short fiction and horror illustrations. Each issue includes, at the least:
- 3-4 pieces of fiction, from us and our contributors.
- A commensurate number of chilling illustrations.
- A hidden surprise for the daring.
- A full game or RPG in the genre
- A short horror comic
- Essays, poetry, and related ephemera.
The Radio Showthe ghastly radio hour is a full sixty minute radio program in podcast form. Broadcast to you from the quiet town of Coventry, Massachusetts, each hour will contain:
- Time spent with our devilish Host.
- Several short radio segments, interviews, and related pieces.
- Music and interludes by local and diverse independent artists
- A full length radio play.
Our PlanEvery month or two we will put together a new volume of the magazine and record another hour of radio. This will typically be built around a few pieces of fiction, illustrations, and the radio play. As more money becomes available, we will use it to purchase even more fiction from contributors, commission artists and musicians, and expand our pool of voice actors. When we have enough content and the material is recorded, edited or laid out, and produced, we will release the magazine and radio hour simultaneously to our patrons. A new volume or podcast will be published at most once per month.
- To eventually publish a new volume every month.
- To ensure we can always pay our contributors ever more competitive rates.
- To amass enough patronage that we can continue to swell the magazine and radio show with content.
- To strive to publish contributions from new and innovative creators.
- To eventually improve our recording studio.
How You Can HelpThe easiest way to help is to become a Patron.
- Pledge as little as $1 per volume.
- You pay only when we release a new volume, and only ever once per month.
- The newest content will always be delivered directly to you when it is released.
Finally, if you have the shadow of your own horror within you, contribute!
You can find our submission policy on the ghastly's website here.
Submissions of fiction, art, segments, radio plays, and any other content can be sent to [email protected] for consideration.