Hey, my name is Alex! A lot of times I asked myself the question… WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO EAT? I got really fed up with not knowing, so I decided to enroll in a nutrition master’s program at the National University of Natural Medicine and train to become a Certified Nutrition Specialist. The intention of this site is to share what I am learning through my program, training, and via individual research efforts.
I developed a theory that long-term dietary success is possible if the following requirements are satisfied:
- There is an understanding of what foods are needed to fulfill our body’s unique biochemistry and what foods sabotage it
- We have access to help in understanding what our body’s requirements are
- We create a simple, easy-to-follow daily dietary strategy accounting for our individualized needs
- We have access to the food we need
- We have proficiency in preparing and cooking the food we need
- We have patience, determination, and compassion for ourselves
- We have others to share our food and success/failures regarding diet with
If you have found my plethora of puns palatable and are hungry for more, you can enter your name and email address on the site (thenutritionresource.com) and I’ll keep you up-to-date with my progress. In all seriousness, I am grateful you have found this page. I look forward to sharing what I have learned with you and learning what you have to share with me :-). Please, as you have questions and comments, post them here! I'd be happy to receive your help on this journey and use your questions to provide direction in achieving my goal.
Before you go, if you have indeed found the content I share to be helpful, please feel free to support me in my efforts to produce it by becoming a patron. My goal at this point is to break even so that I can produce the content without any financial burden. That is easily attainable if 1% of people who've downloaded my first episode contribute $1/month.
My current goal is to produce one podcast episode per month along with 1-2 corresponding blog posts. I will produce as much as my schedule allows :-). Hopefully biochem and pathophysiology don't eat me alive...
Thank you and enjoy your day!
To learn more, check out http://thenutritionresource.com/about. Thank you again for your support!