Who is The Train Wreck LB?
The Train Wreck LB podcast was formed in 2014 and was reformed in 2017. It is composed of Theodore Rose (Ted) and Daniel Magno (Dan). We founded the podcast because we wanted to share our stories with our friends and it was ton of fun. Using the podcast as an excuse to speak with each other more often we forged a deep friendship and a safe conversation space where we share our thoughts honestly. We hope to share that genuine, safe space for ideas with you via this podcast.
What is The Train Wreck LB doing?
The Train Wreck is probing into ideas from a foundation of friendship. We value what makes us all human and want to share how immensely interesting and beautiful interaction with humans can be. Our goal is really to expose the immense importance of conversation, friendship, trust, and humanity itself.
As of right now we’re funding the hosting, equipment, software and extra expenses ourselves. Also the amount of time we can spend on the podcast is limited and there’s a lot more that goes into it than I (Ted) anticipated. Patreon support will help us create more meaningful content, more often, and in the highest quality possible. Right now we upload at a slightly degraded optimized audio quality, I’d love to bring all the episodes up to maximum quality one day with your support. Another major factor is our podcast focuses on ideas and honestly and I (Ted) feel that sponsorship can create a “no go” zone for conversation if our thoughts happened to go against the principles or comfort zone of a sponsor. (especially for a small podcast like ours that would rely so heavily on the sponsor support)
First of all, no pressure. I don’t want you to feel obligated to donate to TTWLB. That said we are offering the core of our content for free, and currently we have no plans of changing that ever
. Donations can help us avoid taking on sponsors, and help us with securing more guests (scheduling/transportation/etc.) for your enjoyment! We want to give you the best possible product and the reality is that it requires money.
What does $1 get you? Exclusive content not limited to:
- Train Crash Bonus Episodes: Dan and Ted give gaming, music, movie, anime, comic and other recommendations. These will always be Patreon Exclusive.
- Train Wreck Classics: The Train Wreck LB Podcast is actually the rebirth of the original concept that Dan and I started in 2014. We’re releasing each of the old episodes once a month until they’re all available to our Patreons. These will be unlocked to non-supporters eventually but we don’t have a timeline for that release yet.
- Ted’s Thought Dumps: A part of my (Ted) thinking process is to talk to myself out loud. I’ve started recording these and will offer them to Patreon supporters on occasion. These will likely be Patreon only.
- Essay Reading: Ted often writes essays to explore ideas. He doesn’t often publish them. However whenever one does go up Patreon supporters will have exclusive access to the audio versions of those essays! (Read by the man himself.)
- The End?: When we get enough support we’ll expand our bonuses to include Q&A/AMA content, contests, polls and other content if we think of something you might enjoy!
100% honesty? We’re just glad you’re here. You coming to this page means a lot to us and your monetary support comes second to your enjoyment of the podcast. If you can throw $1 at us a month feel free. If you have the heart to skip a coffee each month and give us that $2~$5 we appreciate that too! If you’re not entirely comfortable don’t donate
. There’s a myriad of ways to support us that cost literally nothing! Check it out
- Review us on iTunes (This one is huge! You have to listen to a podcast via before you can review it but if you skip to the end that counts! Please do this if you can!)
- Follow us on Social Media (Facebook/ Instagram/ Twitter)
- Share/ReTweet the podcast episodes or social media posts you enjoy
- Talk about the podcast with your friends, or on your own podcast
- Suggest your favorite episodes to friends and family that might enjoy the content
- Give us feedback/comments/suggestions/etc!
Anything you do to help our family grow and is greatly appreciated. We’re always listening for suggestions so reach out to us! We’re committed to giving you the best possible content and encourage you to participate in making the podcast great! Thank you so, so much for listening and supporting us in any way that you’re comfortable with. Seriously. Thank you.