I spend a lot of time thinking about how other people can thrive and do things that matter to them. Instead of having answers, I prefer to start with questions:
- Why do organizations fail to unleash our true strengths, passions, and abilities?
- Why do so many people feel "stuck" at work?
- What types of skills and mindset are needed to adapt and thrive in today's world?
- What does the "future of work" really mean?
The world is changing and I believe the freelance path offers the most opportunity to explore these questions and add value to other people. My goal is to learn through my writing, podcast, and research and apply the lessons through my coaching and consulting work and share the findings here with you.
What am I focused on now?
- Writing & Research: I like to look at issues with a critical lens, combining my background in research with an Engineer's problem-solving mindset. The quality of research and actionable information out there is not great. I spend my time going deep into the research and combining it with my 10+ years experience in the corporate world to make sense of what is really happening. Here are some examples:
- Crisis at Work - In in-depth longform piece on the six reasons organizations fail to tap unlock human potential
- Podcast: I'll be interviewing people who are carving their own paths in the "future of work", taking a different lens to their career and building organizations of the future.
- Tools: Creating tools that enable people to tap into their inner potential. Here are a couple examples.
Why Support Me?
In the spirit of the "gift economy" - you should support my ability to meet my basic needs and also to honor the spirit of enabling people to do what matters to them.
What drives me is helping as many people as possible to do what matters to them and I am trying to do what I do best to make that happen. Call me an idealist, but I do believe that this shift and approach can build strong connections with each other and bring more sanity to our world.
If you think the work I create adds value to your life, please support me, not for the work, but in the spirit of supporting more people in doing what the do best. If you can't afford to support my life, I'd encourage you to please not contribute and instead feel free to share my work with others!
Why do I care about this?
I am lucky enough to have worked at some of the best companies in the world like McKinsey & Company, Boston Consulting Group, and GE. When I landed jobs at these companies, I experienced a different type of environment - one that was fast-paced, energizing and I worked with people and teams that supported me and pushed me well well beyond what I thought I was capable of. If someone like me - a quite ordinary guy from eastern Connecticut - could be pushed in this way - what kind of untapped potential do we have in our economy, businesses, and organizations? - My guess? A LOT!