Thoriumis creating Starship Simulator Controls
Select a membership level
Your name will be put in the supporters.md file in the Thorium repository. You'll get a special Discord role. You'll also be added as a contributor to the project.
Your name will be put at the top of the supporters.md file in the Thorium repository. You'll also get a special Discord role, and get a special shout out from Alex on Discord.
Thorium is a platform for running live-action role-play starship bridge simulations. Participants are given roles on the ship, like weapons officer, navigator, or captain. Each role comes with its own computer station and responsibilities. The crew uses the Thorium controls to direct the ship wherever they want in their space mission. A flight director sits behind the scenes to act as a game master, controlling what happens inside the simulation.
It's up to you to decide your destiny. Will you explore alien ruins? Negotiate with a hostile pirate ship? Research a star as it explodes or a rogue black hole? You choose what happens.
What features does Thorium provide?
- A flexible platform for running space experiences.
- Scriptable mission timelines allowing for step-by-step automated actions.
- Configurable simulators to enable different types of missions.
- A dynamic viewscreen, automatically changing to whatever is most relevant to the crew.
- Runs in a web browser. If your computer can run the latest Chrome, you can run Thorium.
- Built-in assets and access to additional downloadable content.
- Over 70 different assignable screens, with more being added on a regular basis.
What will we do with Patreon funds?
- Spend more time developing Thorium.
- Create learning content for flight directors and developers.
- Create more downloadable content, like assets, missions, and simulator configs.
- Expand the scope of Thorium to make it more successful for educational and corporate training flights.
- Add more depth to the simulation with advanced features:
- A universal star map for navigation.
- Universal contact tracking.
- A real-time 3D exterior viewscreen.
- Artificially intelligent NPC spaceships.
- An internal ship map, depicting crew movement.