If you’re here, it’s because you want to support the show and be part of the Together community. Thank you!
Who We Are
We created Together the–Podcast and Magazine–because we believe that relationships are our best access to learning about ourselves and the world we live in. We also believe that amazing partnerships are a matter of skill, not luck, and we obsess over what it takes to create them.
Together explores these questions in what we hope is an honest and thoughtful way, free of salesy hucksterism and overhyped gurus. Together is about real people exploring important questions.
Together was a passion project from the start. It is important to us that the Podcast and Magazine remain free to access.
Producing a podcast and magazine, however, is far more resource intensive than you might guess. So we’re asking you to join our community here on Patreon as a way of keeping this project sustainable.
If you think that what we’re doing provides value, please consider donating any amount that you can comfortably give. It doesn’t take much in the aggregate, and it means more to us than we can possibly express. Thank you!
What You Get
As a supporter at any level, you’ll get the following:
- Unedited Full Length Interviews (when our guests agree)
- Bonus Clips
- Early Access to Some Interviews
- A Community Of Other Listeners
I’ll also be adding live-chat with me as soon as Patreon ads that functionality.
Thank you for your support. I can’t tell you what a difference it makes!
How We’re Using Money
Here’s a basic list of our expenses:
- People Who Run Together: We have a managing editor at the magazine, a producer/editor on the podcast, a web designer, an art director, an illustrator, and a graphic designer. They all need to get paid.
- Images: We pay for nearly every photo you see on the site. We believe it's important to support photographers.
- Writers: Likewise, we don't believe in asking professional writers to work for free, and pay most contributors to our site.
- Web Hosting and Audio Hosting: We pay for hosting the website in one place, and hosting the podcasts in another.
- Software: Apps like Mailchimp, Hootsuite, and CRM's - they make the world go round, and it seems like there's always another.
- Gear: Audio gear and computers get old and die (my little Mac is about finished).
- Travel for Interviews: Unfortunately, not all our guests live in San Francisco.
- Professional Services: Every business needs bookkeeping and accounting,
- State and Municipal Fees: The government always wants a cut.
- Me (Erik:) As the host and founder of Together, I spend almost every waking moment working on it—and my fiancee really likes it when I can contribute to the groceries.