Trending Topics Bulgariais creating independent innovation journalism
Select a membership level
You read us, you like what we do, you like our spirit, and want to be part of the gang.
By choosing this tier you
- know you've contributed to our existence
- get invitations to our exclusive parties
We believe in an ecosystem with a give-back mentality. The whole work of Trending Topics is dedicated to the further development of everyone in the community.
By choosing this tier you
- can be part of our exclusive chat group and our editorial process: propose topics you want us to research or stories you think deserve to be told
- get an invitation to our monthly editorial meeting with other contributors
- are welcome to share thoughts as a guest blogger and we'll support you in creating your articles
- receive up to two intros a month to other people and organizations part of the community
- will be featured as part of our closest community in a special section on our website
You believe in our mission and want to support us, but you also want to be part of the community and speak to our audience.
We'd love to help you identify corporate stories and other storytelling formats exciting for young digital savvy and well-educated professionals, and bring you a step closer to the startup community.
By selecting this tier
- you receive one brainstorming and ideation meeting with our editor who will help you identify two stories we'd be happy to publish
- exclusive invitations and discounts for our corporate innovation meetups
- early access to our calendar with community events and sponsorship discounts
About Trending Topics Bulgaria
Trending Topics was created by a bunch of crazy enthusiasts believing there could be an independent business media. All of us, similarly to you, had enough of negative news and disinformation. With Trending Topics in Bulgaria and on the Balkans, we aim to give international visibility to the regional startup and innovation ecosystem, give voice to those who lead the new economy, and create a space for discussion for the ones we believe shape the better future of the region.
The launch of the platform in Bulgaria in late 2018 and our first year of operations were supported by the Austrian Trending Topics and the Vienna Business Agency. Ever since we've been trying like crazy to find a way to sustain this project financially - selling sponsored content (that we always mark as such, but make sure matches the journalistic standards we’d apply on our editorial content). We’ve had some great clients that trusted this young team, we also had such that drained our energy and never paid, and those who tried to bargain against logos on their websites asking consultancy that worth thousands. So we came to a conclusion:
What we want is to create the media we are dreaming of, and for the people whose interests and needs we want to serve. You, our readers, a new generation of business leaders. And therefore, we’d like to ask you for some support now.
We are launching this Patreon as an alternative to a paywall. A paywall that would block out anyone who’s not a subscriber. Instead of asking you money to read our content, we’d like to ask you to support our existence, so this content is available to anyone in the ecosystem.
Moreover, if it turns out we've deserved your support, we'll be able to start growing - adding new storytelling forms, hiring regional correspondents and creating more valuable content that will boost the growth of our ecosystems.
Great to have you on board!