Hacking with Swiftis creating high-quality Swift tutorials for everyone
Select a membership level
By supporting my work you're allowing me to continue creating amazing free Swift tutorials for everyone to enjoy. You also receive exclusive member-only benefits that go beyond Swift:
- Videos that explain the most important books on my bookshelf – the ones that made me the person I am today.
- Articles about my approach to speaking, how I pick topics, how I plan my talks, and how I deliver them with maximum impact.
- Articles about how I approach learning new topics – how I differentiate between what's interesting and what matters, how I read documentation effectively, how I remember important skills, and how I turn that into tutorials.
- Articles about how I structure my workflow for maximum productivity, ensuring that the hours I'm working are spent getting stuff done so I can spend more time enjoying life.
- Vector logos for Hacking with Swift, Unwrap, Swift on Sundays, and more, so you can create your own stickers, T-shirts, and more. (For your personal use only – please don't distribute what you make without my permission!)
- Your name will be listed on the Supporters section of the site.
By popular demand, you might even see some pictures of my dogs 🐺🐺😎
About Hacking with Swift
- 35,000 users visit the site every single day, reading over 150,000 pages.
- 37,000 people follow Paul on Twitter, and another 31,000 people read the monthly newsletter.
- 35,000 people subscribe to the Hacking with Swift YouTube channel, watching one million minutes of Swift material every month.
- 650 searchable answers to Swift coding problems in our Swift Knowledge.
And there's more:
- The entire 100 Days of Swift and 100 Days of SwiftUI, in both article and video form, is available free to everyone.
- We also produce Unwrap, which is a free app for learning Swift on your iOS device.
- All articles are regularly updated for new Swift versions, so visitors can be sure when they come to Hacking with Swift they are learning the right stuff every time.
Everything we have published this year – either as articles, videos, or apps – has been available free to everyone. With your help that can continue in the long term: we'd love to do more free videos, more free articles, more free books, and even expand the app further too.
Yes, we could absolutely carry on writing and selling books, but if we can get community support through Patreon then everyone can benefit from high-quality Swift tutorials regardless of what they can afford.
We only have one membership tier, because we don't want anyone to feel left out – everyone can become a Hacking with Swift Gold Supporter, and enjoy unique benefits.
You'll be charged as soon as you sign up as a Gold Supporter, then charged on the 1st of every month afterwards. This means you get access to your content immediately, but also can mean that if you sign up towards the end of the month you'll get charged twice in quick success. There isn't much difference in the long term, but I think it's important to be clear up front.
Please note: this membership will not include exclusive tutorials or other material relating to Swift – the whole point of this is to fund continued free learning material for everyone. Instead, Gold Supporters get exclusive benefits beyond Swift, including videos from me about the most important programming books on my bookshelf, articles on how I plan and deliver talks at conferences, and more.
Thank you for your support!