Urban Gaming Elite - http://www.urbangamingelite.com
We Are Urban Gaming Elite and the Syndicate Gaming Network, independent gaming communities focused on bringing back the integrity you want in media, the quality you want in content, and the social you want in your fellow gamers.
Syndicate Gaming Network - http://thesgn.com
UGE focuses on high-quality gaming content that goes beyond the typical review/preview sequence and answers to no publisher, developer, or company, keeping the integrity and honesty one expects in our work. We were born out of a desire to see better articles, better analysis, and better focus on the little guys within the gaming industry - we're also working hard to prove the Midwest is as central the gaming as the coasts.
SGN brings the true aspect of community back to gaming with their motto: "Come for the Gaming, Stay for the Community". Sponsored events, competitive teams, and friendly faces at all corners dedicated to making gaming a social activity once again - and finding similar minded people to do so.
Our PartnershipRecently, SGN and UGE got together and decided they could work better in cooperation to benefit both sides of the coin, building the consistent community and providing additional resources and connections for both parties. Part of this partnership is a dedication to quality content, both in written articles, created videos, live streams, live events, tournaments, and more!
To fund these ventures however, we mostly rely on advertising and external resources. This is where you come in - help show your support for independent gaming media and communities by giving just a few bucks a month to help support the numerous volunteer staff who work hard to bring you everything these two groups have to offer.
Where Your Money GoesEvery cent that comes into this group goes back into it through promotions, events, and more. This money also helps support the many staff in their own ventures, allowing them to dedicate more time to their work. That being said, here specifically is where your money goes:
- Unique and Quality Gaming Content - UGE has hand-picked freelance writers provide its content through targeted suggestions and ideas. From our series content categories: Indie Spotlight, Wonderful World of Gaming, Unplugged, and Defining Games Series to our dedicated approach to different or unique views on all aspects of gaming. These freelancers cost money - your support goes towards covering those costs (and bringing in more)
- Upgraded Equipment - With a focus on live streams and video content, better equipment means better quality productions. Your support goes towards supporting our live streamers, video production and graphics team as well. These guys work on donations from their own viewers and we want to support them in any way we can.
- Operating Cost - Website hosting, domains, and development don't come free. Part of your pledge is to cover the standard operating costs of the website and more.
- External Promotion/Partnership - A big part of our focus is helping other groups get off the ground as well, perhaps even finding a diamond in the rough in the process. Part of your support goes towards our time in reaching out to similar-minded groups and collaborating with them, bringing them into the group and growing our ever-increasing family.
- Future Items - We've got tons of great ideas of what we want to do ranging from monthly tournaments to live events across the nation. There are numerous great advancements in the Indie realm promoting social gaming and we'd love to create our own events for this - bringing together the best of our stream team for a 24-hour marathon for charity, live events in the Midwest, supporting brilliant and small developers, introducing tech and knowledge to those less fortunate and more. Help us expand our premise and grow our family.
Future Goals/FocusAs the pledges increase, we want to give back to the group. While there are the specific goals listed at different milestones, we have some general goals we'd like to achieve moving forward.
- Remove Advertising for Patrons - This one is simple - as our Patreon group grows, we want to remove advertising on all pages for those that have pledged to Patreon. As the numbers grow we'd like to get rid of general advertising and only provide specific recommendations to items you actually care about.
- Growing Competitive Teams - There are plenty of players that want to compete on various levels - we'd like to grow our competitive crew to include more games, sponsor other teams and get involved hosting/running our own online tournaments.
- User-Specific Events - Ever wanted to have a fun and crazy matchup in Advanced Warfare? Maybe everyone has to run pistols? How about pushing a group of six to run the Vault of Glass raid in Destiny without using Heavy Weapons? Or a specific weapon? These sorts of events we want to promote and offer exclusive to our Patrons.
- Expanding Content on UGE - We have a lot of great ideas for new pieces of content we want to explore, including some video series items and specific live streams. Supporting us will help bring these items to light - you can learn more about our ideas once you've become a patron.
- One-Stop Resource - Simply put, we want to be your one stop resource for all things gaming. Have an idea for a live event you want us to run? Think we should take a deeper look at a specific game? Interested in getting involved in the game development world yourself and want some advice? All of these are offerings we can put together exclusive to our Patrons.
Why Support Independent Media?The basic premise of being an independent group is we answer to ourselves - not managing members or individuals in a suit. We are gamers are the heart and we want to keep it that way. Instead of placing advertisements for products you don't care about we'd rather you volunteer money to support what we do because you truly enjoy it and want to keep it going. Supporting an independent group is a strong way to say you care more about substance than money - many larger groups today have lost their way, answering to investors and higher-ups instead of focusing on the heart of the issues.
Bottom line: we won't pull punches, we won't back down, and we will provide you what you want. Show us you enjoy this by supporting independent media and become a Patron today!