Rynhardt Jordaan is creating A Textbook on Central Bank Operations
0

patrons

$0
per month
I am a down to earth person and I have a task, " understanding how the whole banking system works and how all the different interest groups interact with each other in the economy."

I set this task for myself, after getting into an argument with a Professor of Economics regarding Monetary Policy. My passion is Finance and more Finance. My area of research is finance, be it Commodity/Fiat and everything in between. I have some criticism regarding certain Crypto-Currencies. I do, however, like the idea behind Blockchain and what it represents.

I believe Blockchain should focus more on the real economy and not be used as a speculative asset. Smart-Contracts can speed-up efficiency and provide for a unique Supply-Chain management system. 

My aim is to bring closer co-operation between the different industries (Finance/Accounting/Economics).

My Textbook is currently a Personal Report that I would like to expand. This Report covers the operational/logistics regarding the accounting within the Banking Sector. Balance sheets cover the Business explanation and showcase interesting theories.

I will share unique insights on this page regarding some theories I discover in putting this all together. My Report is still in draft. I have covered 90% of the information and the remaining 10% is a Work In Progress.

The name Reserve Accounting is a play on Fiat Currency (A joke for myself). It is a bit like the Federal Reserve. Where it is neither Federal nor a Reserve. (Depending on your political views: More Government, Less Government or ...What exactly do you mean by Reserves?) 

I do have to state: law is not my expertise. I merely showcase the accounting operations. Banks are interesting institutions and under different jurisdictions.

...This is getting long.

Here are my Report Chapters:   

https://www.academia.edu/36709694/Reserve_Accounti...

I will leave you with the first theory:

1) The Government should run a Surplus only if it has a Current Account Surplus.
(Provided that they Operate under Reserve Accounting)

I do a bit of programming as well. Here is a link to a basic Commercial Bank. I update this every now and again:

rdjordaan.itch.io/bank-simulator-honest-bank-ltd

         
I am a down to earth person and I have a task, " understanding how the whole banking system works and how all the different interest groups interact with each other in the economy."

I set this task for myself, after getting into an argument with a Professor of Economics regarding Monetary Policy. My passion is Finance and more Finance. My area of research is finance, be it Commodity/Fiat and everything in between. I have some criticism regarding certain Crypto-Currencies. I do, however, like the idea behind Blockchain and what it represents.

I believe Blockchain should focus more on the real economy and not be used as a speculative asset. Smart-Contracts can speed-up efficiency and provide for a unique Supply-Chain management system. 

My aim is to bring closer co-operation between the different industries (Finance/Accounting/Economics).

My Textbook is currently a Personal Report that I would like to expand. This Report covers the operational/logistics regarding the accounting within the Banking Sector. Balance sheets cover the Business explanation and showcase interesting theories.

I will share unique insights on this page regarding some theories I discover in putting this all together. My Report is still in draft. I have covered 90% of the information and the remaining 10% is a Work In Progress.

The name Reserve Accounting is a play on Fiat Currency (A joke for myself). It is a bit like the Federal Reserve. Where it is neither Federal nor a Reserve. (Depending on your political views: More Government, Less Government or ...What exactly do you mean by Reserves?) 

I do have to state: law is not my expertise. I merely showcase the accounting operations. Banks are interesting institutions and under different jurisdictions.

...This is getting long.

Here are my Report Chapters:   

https://www.academia.edu/36709694/Reserve_Accounti...

I will leave you with the first theory:

1) The Government should run a Surplus only if it has a Current Account Surplus.
(Provided that they Operate under Reserve Accounting)

I do a bit of programming as well. Here is a link to a basic Commercial Bank. I update this every now and again:

rdjordaan.itch.io/bank-simulator-honest-bank-ltd

         

Recent posts by Rynhardt Jordaan