I'm Brett and I am the creator of Niche Laboratory. This website allows you to quickly research niches. It has many uses, from compiling executive summaries to helping with homework and assignments. Its most popular use is as an SEO keyword research tool.
I have started a Patreon page because I know so many of you love the tool and I would like to offer you the chance to help enhance it. I've tried putting advertising on the site but it hasn't been very effective.
My dream goal would be for Patreon to raise enough so I could quit my job and work on it full time. I don't know if that will happen, but just imagine how awesome I could make Niche Laboratory if that happened!
Well we can but dream.
In the meantime I have a whole lot of features and enhancements that I plan to work on in the coming months. I will set up a range of rewards that will unlock these features. I would like to offer everything for free, but some of the data sources cost me money to feed into, plus there's the hosting fees and when I am working on the site I am not earning money elsewhere.
Based on user feedback, this is the list of features I would like to work on. The main site I want to work on is NicheLaboratory.com, but I also own the closely related NicheIdeaOfTheDay.com and FindAForum.net. FindAForum is used to gather some of the data used by Niche Laboratory. NicheIdeaOfTheDay is useful if you haven't a clue about what niche you want to build a website about and just want some suggestions.
Anyway, please connect with me and suggest which ones you'd like me to do first. Or add your own ideas!
- I could make another 365 ideas for nicheideaoftheday.
- I could enhance FindAForum and add in support for https enabled forums. This would be nice to know, because forums that can afford an SSL certificate are obviously doing quite well. Maybe they're in niches we need to know about!
- I could tell my patrons which forums listed on FindAForum have gone out of business. If you can replace a much loved forum, you could do VERY well!
- I could add a lot more forums to FindAForum and expand the range of niches covered.
- All of my sites should really have https support, but SSL certificates are quite expensive.
- I could expand the amount of data collected for each Niche Laboratory job.
- I could switch to paid for data sources so we can generate higher quality reports.
- I could add a members area so patrons can store their jobs.
- I could do more data analysis and build a tool to suggest good niches.
- I could remove some or all of the advertising from the site.
- The tool could have a rebuild to make it a lot faster.
- I'm not sure if this is possible, but I'd like to make the tool create higher quality reports depending on how long you've been a patron of the site for.
- I could add a real life case study.
- I could add a forum to the site, so we can discuss our plans for making $$$$$ from niche sites.
- I could dump my Google Webmaster Tools account data somewhere as there are just so many brilliant niches in there I haven't had chance to get into.