Hello reader! Thank you for visiting my Patreon page! I want to invite you to become a part of some very interesting projects that I have coming. Let me tell you a little more about them...
Who am I?
My name is Vijayendra Mohanty and I am a storyteller. Among my works are the comic book series Ravanayan and the Youtube channel Epified. My work on Ravanayan has been featured in publications such as The New Indian Express, The Hindu, Bleeding Cool, and many others. The video channel Epified has been mentioned in The New Indian Express and has also been the subject of a TEDx talk by me.
What is all this?
I tell stories. And the stories I tell have to do with magic, monsters, mythology, extra-dimensional intelligences, self-aware machines, ancient aliens, odd gods, medieval mysteries, and far-future fantasies.
1hourstory.com is a web fiction platform devoted primarily to fantasy and speculative stories with an Indian flavour. Think of it as a Netflix for short fiction by a single author - me.
I have written such stories on a semi-regular basis for more than a dozen years now and you can read them on 1hourstory.com. The plan now is to do it more regularly and in more depth. In the near future, I have also planned web series - ongoing fiction serials that will be delivered to you chapter-by-chapter every week. The first of these will launch when I reach the $50 goal (see my goals) and will be sent to Cyborg Rakshas patrons (see rewards section).
Here is how this works:
- I write one story every week and share it with you here on Patreon before it is published on 1hourstory.com two weeks later.
- You pay me a certain amount of money for every story. It can be as little as $1 or as much as $4. In return, you get rewards like early access and special subscriptions. See right sidebar for a full list of options.
- I will write no more than 3 or 4 stories a month. So if you pledge $1, the maximum you will be paying is $3.
- You can (and should) set a monthly cap to how much you want to pay. If I write less, you pay less. If I write more, you don't pay more than the upper limit you have set.
- And if for some reason I write nothing during a month, you pay nothing. Your contributions are directly linked to my output. It is only fair, no?
I have kept the workings of this project as transparent as possible because my intent is to build a community of people who value my work. If you have any questions, please feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected] and I will reply as soon as I can.
Why am I on Patreon? Why ask for money? Does this mean that all the stories on the site will be behind a paywall?
Not at all! I write stories because I like to write stories. I would write and publish this website even if nobody were to pay me anything. You becoming a Patron is simply a way for you to show support for my creative projects. And since I believe that people who pay do deserve something extra, I have put out certain rewards (see right sidebar). More rewards plans are on their way!