Framework7 - is a free and open source mobile HTML framework to develop hybrid mobile apps or web apps with iOS & Android native look and feel. It is also an indispensable prototyping apps tool to show working app prototype as soon as possible in case you need to
Framework7 became pretty popular because of some of the following features:
- It is ultra easy to use, not harder than website creation.
- iOS and Material Theme specific. From the very beginning it was carefully thought-out to give you easy ways to realize all incredible features from all necessary UI elements visualization to complicated animation and touch interactions that characterize the platform.
- It comes with a bunch of ready to use UI Components and widgets like modals, popup, action sheet, popover, list views, tabs, panels, layout grid, searchbar, and many more.
- Native Scrolling
- Library Agnostic. Framework7 doesn't use and does not depend on any third party libraries. That is why it is ultra lightweight, performance and flexible.
- High-performance Animation
- Easy To Customise
- Some killer features like Swipe Back, Swipe Actions, Dynamic Navbar, Pull To Refresh, Messages, and more
Framework7 is pretty young project, and during this short period developers all around the world created a lot of great and unique native mobile apps. You can check some of the examples at the Framework7 Showcase
Already done since started on Patreon:
- ✅ Brand new Framework7 icon font with lot of precious iOS icons
- ✅ Full Vue.js and React integration to add "from-the-box" support in addition to "vanilla" JS implementation
- ✅ CLI tool for event more quick and easier creation and integration with Cordova/Phonegap
- ✅ All new and totally Framework7 v2 with hundreds or maybe thousands fixes/improvements. Here is the blog post about v2
Still in the plans:
- Official book about best practise
- More tutorials
- More ready to use app starter templates
- Drag&Drop visual app builder (web and standalone desktop apps)
- Cloud services for Framework7 app developers, providing easy and drop-in usage of analytics, push notifications, native APIs and native builds
- And many more
At the moment i'm the main and only maintainer and developer of the Framework7 so it takes a considerable amount of time from me to implement all of this. But working on Framework7 and contribution to open-source community is the best thing i like and love so i am exploring the possibility of working on Framework7 full time.
If you run a business and is using Framework7 in a revenue-generating product, it would make business sense to sponsor framework development: it ensures the project that your product relies on stays healthy and actively maintained. It can also help your exposure in the Framework7 community and makes it easier to attract Framework7 developers.
Individual users are also welcome to make a pledge if Framework7 has helped you in your work or personal projects