Bored sick of only candy coated cooking YouTube tutorials that made us gag and droll beer blog reviews that made us pass out, we decided to take things into our own hands and save you from the same outcome.
Being creative is what keeps us going, well, that and all the food we test for you. We try and dip our fingers into every aspect of what we love be it taking our own photos, designing and drawing our own t-shirts designs or staying up for 8+ hours to edit our own videos. However, this means that half the things that we're spending time on aren't actually creating us an income as much as flexing our creative muscles. On top of that, this all costs money and constant upgrading of equipment in order to maintain the quality of work that we are happy to produce.
This is why we're humbly approaching you via Patreon, but, do not fret, we're not simply passing around a hat. Instead, we're offering you the chance to feature in, receive and help us create exclusive content and merch in exchange for your support.
- Jayne & Misael (@wearefoodscouts)
PROJECTS WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT WITH NOW....
- Fudged Fruit - a hand screen-printed merchandise collection we have designed that features a series of fruit themed characters, with an upcoming animated shorts series. The first t-shirt is currently live.
- Dead Chef - a hand screen-printed merchandise collection already designed alongside a physical printed copy of an original screenplay about two skeletons and their takeaway Unfinished Business, soon to be an animated shorts series or podcast. The first t-shirt is currently live.
- Food Scouts Ultimate Guide to Barcelona - an ongoing weekly blog series documenting alternative food & drink events happening in Barcelona. We hope to extend this to other European cities with other ideas up our sleeves.
- Spoonfed - Our quirky blog edits of awesome music, film, TV, merch and geekdom around the themes of food & drink with an alternative angle.
- The Catsu Club - A kawaii inspired cat and Japanese food themed merchandise collection based on our original illustrations.
UPCOMING PROJECTS THAT NEED BACK-UP...
- Beerwatch - a series of YouTube videos, documentaries, blog reviews and craft beer themed merch for hopheads and beer lovers.
- Food Scouts The Zine - a physically printed collection of original recipes, interviews, art, poetry and articles looking at the alternative side of food & drink curated by Food Scouts and friends.
- Food Scouts The Email - our edit of the best of alternative food & drink each week delivered to your inbox.