Wim Demeereis creating writing, videos, and a podcast on Martial Arts and Self-Defense
Select a membership level
This is the entry level of support. There is no limit to the amount of patrons in this tier and every single one of you helps, so the more the merrier! With your support, I can keep my blog and videos going. Thank you!
- Access to my Patreon activity stream where I post updates, pictures, and anything else I can think of that would be interesting .
- Access to a private Facebook group with monthly Livestream video and interaction with you and all other Patrons.
- Access to the full Livestream video library.
- Every podcast episode, I give a shoutout to a Patron. That might just be you...
- My Patrons-only newsletter with articles, videos, training tips and a lot more.
- Early access to my blog posts. I will send you a link to a private page where you can read them before they go public.
- Early access to all my new YouTube videos, via unlisted URL.
The most popular reward tier!! On top of the previous rewards, you get
- A shoutout on my Twitter and Facebook page, thanking you publicly for your support.
- A discount on my new books and videos when they are first published.
- Bonus podcast episodes with additional content, my guests answer your questions, and more.
- Access to a monthly 15-20 minute instructional video (martial arts or self-defense related.) You can suggest topics for these videos and I will add them to a rolling list to choose from.
- Access to my monthly Quick Q&A videos of 10-15 minutes. I keep a rolling list of questions from Orange and Green Belt Patrons for these videos and pick one each month.
- Access to the full instructional and Quick Q&A video library.
- Plus all previous rewards
At this level, we start the training and instructional material. You get:
- Every month, I will create a 10-15min. Violence Analysis video, breaking down footage of an actual street fight or other type of violence caught on video. My analysis covers the key factors involved and the lessons you can use for your own training.
- I'll be active in the discussion of each video, answering questions.
- Access to the full Violence Analysis video library.
- Plus all previous rewards
Welcome to my Patreon page!I have trained with much enthusiasm in a variety of Martial Arts and Self-Defense systems for over 30 years. I'm lucky in that I have been able to teach professionally for over 25 years now.
Way back in 1999, I wanted to do something on that new thing they called The Internet and started a Martial Arts website. I wrote articles, book and video reviews and did interviews with experts. One thing led to another and I ended up writing several books and making a bunch of instructional videos. But running a website was no that easy back then and the technical side became too big of a hurdle to overcome. Eventually, I stopped working on my site.
About ten years ago, I discovered blogging and how much easier the technical stuff had become. So I jumped back in and created Wim's Blog. Since then, I've written over 600 blog posts, ranging from articles on all aspects of martial arts and self-defense, to analyzing video footage of street fights, detailed "how-to" guides to help people with their training and much more. Along with my blog, I started a YouTube channel and filled it with instructional videos too. My latest project is a podcast that has become pretty popular as well.
To avoid all these projects becoming an expensive hobby, they have to be self-sufficient. Via advertisements and sponsors, I managed to cover most of the costs, but traffic has risen to the point where that isn't enough anymore. So in order to grow and to keep on improving my writing and videos, I started this Patreon page.
By becoming a patron, you help me to keep my work going.
What do I offer in return? A whole bunch of things at different reward tiers:
- Access to my Patreon activity stream where I post updates, pictures, and anything else I can think of that would be interesting to you.
- A discount on my new books and videos when they are published.
- Early access to my blog posts and videos.
- Access to my monthly Quick Q&A videos.
- Video analysis of actual street fights and a group discussion afterwards.
- Free electronic version of my new books.
- Free paper version of my new books.
- A monthly Q&A video of 30 min.
- A monthly, one-hour, private video conference call.
- You can suggest topics for videos, blog posts and articles.
- I share my work-in-progress with you, both my writing and videos. You can give input and feedback before the final version is published.
Becoming a patron is easy and you can stop at any time, though that will of course mean you also stop receiving the rewards.
Thanks for any support you can offer if you decide to do so. I very much appreciate it.
Be safe and have fun,
Right now I have one that comes standard with the camera, but there are even better ones that are made specifically for shooting fast-action video.