Wisecrack is creating thoughtful, unpretentious videos and podcasts exploring movies, TV shows, video games, books, philosophy, and more.
We produce shows including Wisecrack Edition, Thug Notes, Earthling Cinema, 8-Bit Philosophy, The Squanch, and Show Me The Meaning!
WHO ARE WE?Wisecrack is a collective of comedians, academics, filmmakers, and artists who are endlessly curious about the world around us.
We think of ourselves as the brand for the curious. We’re the ‘Thinking Person’s’ brand. We believe big ideas can come from the most unusual and unexpected places—and we’re willing to do the hard work to uncover meaningful, well-researched insights from the things we love and consume everyday.
Wisecrack is also a conversation-starter. We’re the forum that sparks and prompts thoughtful discussions, because we believe in the power of critical thinking.
And we're a community. We help our fans connect with big ideas and with one another because we believe in bringing diverse minds together and fostering a sense of belonging.
Wisecrack believes there are many ways to be smart. We draw from many disciplines of thought—and from various thinkers, sources, and perspectives—because we believe in getting exposed to differing ideas and points-of-view.
At Wisecrack, you don’t have to look or play the part of the intellectual to engage with big ideas. You just have to be curious enough to dive in and want to learn.
But what the f$*# do we know? :P
WHY DO WE NEED YOUR HELP?What we do is expensive and time-consuming, especially because we want to do the hard work of ensuring every piece of content we make is as robust and well-researched as possible. We take pride in the work we do, but our standard of quality comes at a cost.
To put things into perspective, a $2 monthly pledge is the equivalent of you watching 1,000 of our videos on YouTube. In other words, it would take 1,000 of your views each month to earn that same amount of money back.
We spend weeks—often months—researching topics, developing interesting and unexpected angles, writing (and rewriting) scripts, shooting, recording, editing and animating each and every thing we release.
And it takes a full team to pull it off! We employ amazing researchers, writers, animators, editors, directors, and producers month after month to create nearly 500 new video and podcast releases each year.
If you like what we do, and you watch regularly, you’ve already done so much—we can’t thank you enough!
But, IT WOULD MEAN A TON if you’d take this extra step to help us keep doing what we’ve been doing—and more.
By becoming a patron, you'll help us continue building toward our vision and mission of driving empathy and understanding through critical thinking—all without taking ourselves too seriously!
WHAT WILL WE DO WITH YOUR MONEY?
- Just a tiny bit of drugs. Kidding. :)
- More of what we currently make. There’s lots of random stuff on the internet, but there’s not a lot out there that’s like Wisecrack. By becoming a patron, you’ll help us ensure thoughtful content about the arts and humanities has a place on YouTube and beyond.
- New disciplines and formats. We have big ambitions to explore new topics like music, anthropology, economics, science, biography, and more. We'll put funding toward developing new shows and prototypes—all in an effort to continue growing our footprint and community.
- Community exclusives. We'll be working to bring our patrons (our Wisecrack Heads) interesting, exclusive content and experiences each month. From exposing our research, to diving deeper into topics with our writers, to community events, opportunities to get involved, and more—we're dedicated to making our Patreon community more than just a place to donate.
- More obscure content. With your support, we'll have the opportunity to make up to 4 of our dream projects each year, covering properties that are a bit more obscure and niche. But we promise you'll love them!