WizardOfLightis creating Photography marketing, studio management and how to content
Select a membership level
- Members only Mastermind Meetings every month…Coaching, Marketing Mastermind AND Lighting Mastermind. Replays always available in this level.
- The Forum is loaded with content, amazing members and moderators. INCLUDES the Fairy Success system, the Profitable Studio marketing system, the Family success system, the Wedding success system, Marketing with newsletters system…
- Webinars & Frontline presentations. There is nothing like a mastermind meeting where you meet up on a regular basis with other success minded photographers and business folks, all, like you, with the same goal in mind…to grow as an individual, as an artist and as a business person.
- Marketing manuals and marketing templates. The profitable studio marketing system is included. This includes three manuals, audios, videos and more.
- PhotoShop Tutorials From The Trenches- Master photoshop fast. We’re loaded with video replays on strategies and techniques for the portrait and wedding photographer.
- Fairy Success SYSTEM– Hours of instruction on lighting, posing, marketing, SELLING & high quality fairy wings PATTERNS (small-medium-large) so you, or your seamstress can create the same high quality wings I use in my studio. (these wings are amazing!)
- Photoshop Actions– Increase your photoshop skills with the No Bs Actions, a collection from Design House and another from Craigs Actions…high powered actions for fast, easy portrait and wedding workflow. Included in your membership.
- Lighting Tutorials– Massive amounts of real working photographer lighting tutorials. No hype, no theory…just what works. All based on real shoots in the real world with real, paying clients. (none of that over stylized classroom babble….). Again, the real deal to help you see and understand how actual paid photo gigs are completed from A-Z.
- Four part series with Kristen Lewis (includes downloads)-Finding Your Own ‘Voice’ and Developing A Unique Photographic Style
- Three PART series-Running a High End Portrait Studio with Maggie Habieda
- The Art Of Seduction Boudoir Photography – FIVE part series on boudoir with Argentina Leyva (includes downloads)
- The Business of Wedding Photography with Vanessa Joy- Four part series (included downloads)
- Newsletter Marketing- Keep clients for life…a presentation and newsletter templates in PSD
- “UP” your photos & create stunning, high-end art and profit churning paintings. Four part series with Marilyn Sholin (includes downloads)
- Transcend the ordinary. A four part, six hour online presentation by Fuzzy Duenkel, one of the best portrait photographers around today.(includes downloads)
- Business of Pet Photography (included downloads) with Margaret Bryant- How to start, grow and maintain a profitable portrait niche business photographing dogs. Four part series.
- Family Success System….If you want to learn and discover the fastest way to create family portraits that clients love to buy and pose for, than this product is for you….(includes downloads)
- The BEAUTY PROJECT with Judy Cormier- “How to pose, photograph and sell to over 200 sessions each year…” includes downloads.
- Over 709 videos from REAL PAID sessions…and more, much much more.
NOTE: When you sign up I will manually send you an email with link to forum and downloads. Thanks for your patience.
I am a photographer, explorer and entrepreneur who helps other photographers grow in success, in photography, health, wealth and happiness.
Your master coach, marketer, fearless leader. Your guide by your side. I’ve been there, done that, and am still in the trenches fighting the forces of evil daily. I have had an interesting journey…
I am not a celeb or marquee photographer….Do you believe in following people who have had interesting journeys? Or someone who’s merely talking in second hand observations, fluff, regurgitated fluff and theories.
What’s cool about my journey is the transitions I’ve been through. And how they all led to my eventual success both as a photographer, a businessman and as a healthy, vibrant human being who lives life to the max.
My experiences made me who I am. Without them, without the pain, fears, struggles and set backs I would not have become the person I became and continually evolve into.
And that’s why I teach, coach, share and help others who have similar goals to mine and an affinity to a life’s purpose through photography and business.I’ve learned a lot from the school of hard knocks and have the bruises and wounds to prove it. I’ve studied hard, from other successful photographers and non photographers alike. There’s nothing quite like being self-made. I believe it makes for a much more creative, individual and passionate life. A renaissance photography business owner, so to speak. Won’t you join me on your own quest?
Joseph Campbell, one of my favorites, said it best: “Follow your bliss”.
Likewise, from the pain I gained as well, choosing to take every crappy experience and call it school, not join it like a club, where I visit it like old friends.
Carl Jung said it next best: “Every pain, every neurosis, has a gift hiding inside it.”
I am a serious and dedicated student, and a teacher, with a unique approach to helping others.
I don’t want nor care to be a ‘rock star’ in the industry. Why would I? To make me feel better? It’s a ruse, a lie. To massage my ego? Again, nonsense. I am a family man, married, with a daughter, and I run a full time home based photography studio in small mining community, earning well over a six figure income in and because of photography.
My biggest passion, besides photography and business, is self-improvement.
But it’s the truth.
FIX THE PERSON AND YOU FIX THE BUSINESS.
THAT IS HARD COLD FACT THAT MOST DO NOT WANT TO TALK ABOUT.
I believe we are either moving forward or regressing backwards. I want to constantly be moving forward. I also believe it is my duty, my calling to share what I’ve learned with others who, as I mentioned, have the same affinity as mine.
I cannot tell you what is best for you. But I can council, kick you in the butt and cajole you into thinking and being responsible about what it is you want. What is your true authentic self. No one can do that for you. Only you. It’s great to have someone help light the way, and light a fire under one’s butt once in a while. Don’t you agree?
My past is interesting and I believe a major contribution to my current skills, oddly enough. As a child, my mother says, I was a loner.
But I was social. Sounds like a contradiction, I know. I just had a strong independent streak in me. I also had a radar for trouble, and could track it, find it and get into it no matter where I was at or who I was with.
This started at the age of five and didn’t slow down until I was eighteen, after many encounters with the law and the officials. I “caught on” after one savvy judge decided to throw me in the clinker for three days to give me a taste of my destiny if I didn’t smarten up. (that’s jail for those who didn’t get it).
But I didn’t know any better, nor did I know a better way. I simply was lost. In need of direction. My teachers in school said I was smart, I just didn’t try. I did poorly in school. I believe to this day it was because of lack of direction and because of my life experiences, it brought out my leadership side.
I can relate to those who need direction, love using coaches, mentors or experts to help lead the way. There is and was no better way for me to light the passions, tap into that inner voice that I never heard before because the white noise of neurosis dampened it. I only got ahead and moved on my path by being brave, taking on the council of others, and finally listening to that inner voice.
It’s a voice we all have, and if we hear it, and listen to it, then only then can we start our journey.When I was 17, I was kicked out of high school. Even more lost, but I knew enough to register again the next year and at least get my high school diploma. It was in the winter of that year, while waiting for the next school year to roll around, still getting in trouble, lost, running with the wrong crowd, at very high risk of turning down a very dark road, that one of the biggest turning points in my life came rolling in on a wave of what seemed like destiny.
I don’t get into religion, spirituality or politics. Too many hot heads and too much room for hurt. But this event, if any can be called one in my life, was as near providence like to me as anything.
What happened? Simple, but powerful. My uncle, a successful businessman who lived over three thousand miles away hired me for four months. He was 36, a bachelor, and had little or no patience for the likes of me.
What I was doing there was beyond me, but it was to be one of the greatest gifts and turning points in my young life. It pulled me away from my environment. It gave me a chance to think, and start studying.
My uncle had a book by Dale Carnegie, “How to win friends and influence people” and I read it front to back. It changed my life. He also sat me down and had a man-to-man talk with me. He focused on communication and that message has been branded into my soul since. I never had anyone talk to me like that before and I never read a book like that either. Deep inside, they resonated within me.
I had no idea such material existed, and for me started the journey of self-improvement, self awareness, learning, and information gathering. I became a success and information junkie. And it paid off. Big!
It was two years later that I discovered photography, while in my first and only semester at college. Only five years later I started my own studio and continue to run it to this day.
I say I “discovered” photography, but the truth is I always gravitated towards it, even as a child. I bought my first camera at the age of 15 at KMart. Cost: $11.00 A Polaroid Zip, and it only shot black and white polaroids.
I loved that camera and brought it with me everywhere. I progressively purchased more cameras, culminating to my first ever 35MM ‘real” camera when I was 19 and enrolled in a bird course at college that had a photography class in it.
That’s where it all began for me. My first, excuse the pun, exposure to the magic, the wonder and power of photography and the darkroom.
From there, my business and marketing skills grew and expanded.
I believe that any business owner, whether it’s a big business or small business, the owner is the key.Every business starts with the individual and is a reflection of you. Whether you are a small studio owner who wants to make an extra $1,000.00, $2,000.00, $5,000.00 every month, or a commercial location with staff and a steady stream of clients. Matters not. Your business will reflect you.
I also believe marketing plays a key role. Much bigger than people realize. Marketing is where you innovate and grow your business. That’s why, for the most part, this activity cannot be delegated or farmed out.
In it holds the key to success. And in it is where much of the fun, creativity, passion and profits express themselves.
Many don’t get this. For those who do, it is like a gift that never goes away. In business, I feel, you have an opportunity to become a better, stronger, more creative person. Easy? Not really. Possible? Yes. But it takes a certain mindset.
And I believe my mindset was formed by my early experiences in life. I have no problems stepping out of the box as they say and throwing hand grenades into the room to shake things up.
I believe my experiences shaped me, and molded my gifts into what they are.And I get to tell my story, my challenges to others, and help them, anyone who is like me, looking for direction, for council, for someone to look ’em in the eye and ask with strength and conviction: what do you want? who are you? where do you want to go? how much do you want to make? create? let’s go!
Recent posts by WizardOfLight
By becoming a patron, you'll instantly unlock access to
By becoming a patron, you'll instantly unlock access to