Women's Theatre Festivalis creating Gender Parity in Theatre
Select a membership level
All of the above +
Exclusive access to the WTF Members slack, where you can chat and collaborate with powerful theatre artists. Featuring channels like #gigs, #braggingrights, #network, #big-dreams, #check-in, and even #selfie, you can experience the career growth and emotional support that the Women’s Theatre Festival provides all year long.
The Women's Theatre Festival (WTF) is a group of theatre artists, both women and allies, who seek to address gender parity, diversity, & inclusion in the theatre community.
Where is WTF?
WTF is based in the Triangle region (Raleigh, Durham, & Chapel Hill) of North Carolina.
What the *%$!
Why are the voices and viewpoints in American theatre predominately white and male?
To create, produce, and promote extraordinary theatre by women, by:
- Producing a month-long festival every summer where all shows are
- written by a woman
- directed by a woman
- featuring a diverse cast and crew that’s at least 50% female
- Workshops, classes, & panel discussions
- 24-hour theatre conference (OccupyCon: Occupy the Stage)
- Developing year-round programming
I'm already a WTF member/I already support a lot of charities/I don’t even live in North Carolina. Why should I support you on Patreon?
Our goal is to have gender parity in the Triangle theatre community by 2020 (50/50 by 2020). If you believe in our mission, we truly hope you will support us. Even if you don't live locally, we hear feminism is contagious.
In order to achieve 50/50 by 2020, we need to develop more programming, create more partnerships, and support, mentor, and PAY more women artists. That requires a continuous cash flow beyond what we raise during our summer festival.
Think about this: Netflix costs $10 per month. Netflix is pretty great, and we think we’re pretty great too. For $10 a month to our Patreon, you won’t get Orange Is the New Black, but you WILL get a ticket to every single WTF show and OccupyCon. It’s like Netflix, only without a screen. Plus, your contribution alone will cover the licensing fee for one performance of one of our mainstage shows! YOU will be (partially) responsible for bringing a play written by, directed by, produced by, and featuring a cast and crew of amazing women to the stage. Doesn't that make you feel like a hero?
What do you offer your patrons?
Exclusive content, including:
- Giveaways of WTF merch (everybody loves merch!)
- Glimpses of work-in-progress from our production teams, from costume renderings to set designs
- Directors' commentaries
- Recordings of workshops and panels
- Resources for women interested in becoming directors, producers, playwrights, and more
- First access to tickets for limited-seating workshops and readings - at least 24 hours in advance of our other members!
- Have a suggestion or request? What do you want to see? Who do you want to hear from? Let us know!