At Word of the Nerd, everyone’s allowed to be unapologetically nerdy about what they love. As a news and media site, we at Word of the Nerd work hard to bring you the most current news, reviews, podcasts, cosplay, and original content for comics, novels, television, movies and games. While we do cover major publishers, our main focus is to highlight independent creators and their works. Our staff is an eclectic group made up of nerds of all varieties. Some are comic creators themselves, others have backgrounds in technology and journalism.
We at Word of the Nerd aren’t interested in rehashing what everyone else has already done. We are an independent group that is only interested in creating original, insightful content that allows us to show who we are and connect with our fellow nerds. You will never seen annoying pop-up ads or videos, nor will your browser be choked with ads and other needless distractions.
The following are some the ways our staff works to bring you a well rounded nerd experience:
- Industry relevant news updates that focuses on the facts, not speculation.
- Comic Reviews from major publications (Grimm Fairy Tales: Van Helsing vs. Frankenstein, All Star Batman, Divinity II) and indie creators (Morgan’s Organs, Blue Moon, Gamer Girl & Vixen)
- Interviews with comic book creators that give you an in-depth look into how the creator’s story came to life and how to follow their journey.
- Weekly and seasonal podcasts on topics including comics and popular shows (The Comics Word, It is Known) with more podcast projects in the works.
- Cosplay coverage - from tutorials, news, con prep, and our popular Cosplayer Spotlight feature which highlights individual cosplayers five days a week.
- Frequent Columns
- Convention coverage with interviews, recaps, and more from our wide variety of con goers.
We are proud to say the WOTN staff is passionate about posting high quality content daily. In these volunteer positions, our staff work countless hours to bring you articles, original features, videos, and podcasts about the topics that mean the most to this community. Our variety of interests and backgrounds allow us to provide content that is as varied as our staff is.
While we do partially rely on advertising, these funds are modest and are not sufficient enough to offset the costs of maintaining our website, photo and video equipment, podcast production costs, and compensation for our staff. We prefer to be fan funded in order to maintain our independence and credibility.
Donations of any size help us to make Word of the Nerd the best it can be. Whether it’s $1 or $15 a month, your donation is a huge support. As a thank you for your support, your patronage will grant you access to Patreon exclusive perks (exact perks are listed with each donation level). And while we don't expect or assume anyone will contribute to our content than simply reading the article and watching the videos. We appreciate that by itself. But if you feel like contributing, it will all go back into the creation of more content.
In supporting WOTN, you’re helping to ensure that we are able to provide the best content possible.