Select a membership level
Every month I'll post a poll on upcoming videos and you'll get to choose the order!
Or feel free to suggest videos you'd like me to do and I'll add it to the list.
Note 1: Every $ pledge will be a vote. So the more you pledge the more your vote counts!
Note 2: Sometimes I cannot guarantee the ordering, but I will try.
Also you'll have access to https://mickmake.slack.com/ where you can hang out and ask questions.
Also, you'll get access to all my public videos a day earlier than release and also without ads.
That means the Weekly Roundup, tutorials, reviews and eventually the Q&A videos.
All of them!
So, it's like this...
1. I've been in the IT industry for the last 30 years and I've seen it and done it all - from small servers to geo-clusters.
I'm now looking at a complete sea-change, something that will take me back to my roots.
Electronics is where it all started for me so what could be better?
Even though I don’t consider myself an expert in electronics, I have been around for a while.
2. These days there are so many options for the Maker. So many in fact that often a Maker will either buy several products for a project or just give up. It shouldn’t be like that.
3. There are several things that I am passionate about;
Learning new things, making stuff, and teaching people. I believe that anyone can do anything with enough opportunity and motivation. For me there's nothing more rewarding than seeing someone learn and make something that they thought was impossible.
This is why I decided to launch into a YouTube channel. MickMake has several goals:
* Help the Maker/ProMaker by providing honest, straight-up reviews on products by a Maker.
* Showcase ideas for projects from those product reviews - IE how can I use it?
* Provide in-depth videos on how technologies actually work.
* Make electronics more accessible to people who are just starting out.
So, why Patreon?
Buying electronics can be an expensive exercise and this requires finances. Not only that, but my eventual goal is to be able to put all my full time effort into MickMake.
So the solution was to start a Patreon page. By supporting me in this endeavour you are also supporting yourself. Every little bit helps, whatever it is, and I appreciate it.
So if you are looking at supporting me. A big Thank You! I hope that you get a lot out of MickMake.
If I get to this level, then... phew... what a load off my back!
Also, I'd love to start offering Patreons the chance to vote on ideas for tutorials, projects and reviews.
Once we hit this milestone, then your vote counts and you will have a say in the schedule!
(Sometimes I may not be able to do this, but I will try.)